HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sr Associate IS Analyst - Research Benchtop Services - ATO
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Amgen is seeking a Sr. Associate IS Analyst to join the ATO team to support benchtop services. This position will be responsible for a broad range of system administration work in support of Amgens laboratory computing environment at the Thousand Oaks, CA facility and will work daily with Amgens scientists Digital, Technology and Innovation (DTI) groups.
This position will work within the Thousand Oaks, CA facility, and will proactively support a variety of DTI needs for our scientific staff. The position will work closely with the Research Benchtop Services team deploying lab systems and instrument controllers to meet the needs of Amgen. Daily activities include supporting our regulated computers, deploying benchtop systems, responding to end-user requests, break/fix, keeping systems up to date, writing/deploying scripts, and managing data protection, OS backup, and archive solutions. Our team works directly with business users and Amgens shared infrastructure team of systems, network and database architects to provide behind-the-scenes technical solutions for our clients. In addition, this position will be instrumental in developing and maintaining tools and automation scripts used within the Research Benchtop team. Prioritizing tasks based on enterprise impact, functionality for users, network security, and Amgen corporate goals are critical.
- Support all Regulated computers and applications
- Work with scientific staff and DTI colleagues to resolve Help Desk tickets for issues and requests regarding laboratory computers including software upgrades, Windows OS upgrades, general troubleshooting of system issues and benchtop automation support
- Develop and maintain tools and automation scripts for the Research Benchtop team (Batch Script, VBS, PowerShell)
- Support corporate deployments of anti-virus, malware, and software patches to benchtop computers
- Physically inventory benchtop computers and reconcile with asset inventory system
- Partners with outside vendors to troubleshoot problems, find long-term solutions, and monitor progress to meet user needs
- Work with scientists and other DTI colleagues to translate computing needs into sustainable, standardized solutions
What we expect of you
Bachelors degree & 2 years of experience in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
Associate degree & 6 years of experience in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
High school diploma / GED & 8 years of experience in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Strong customer focus with ability to work closely with customers to manage the resolution of IS tickets in line with customer expectations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows system administration, TCP/IP, SCCM, RedHat Linux, AWS (EC2/S3/Glacier)
- Strong programming skills and experience translating and writing scripts in Batch Script, VBScript, and PowerShell
- Demonstrated experience of DTI support in a Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, Biotech company or equivalent industry
- Knowledge of GxP system qualification, validation, and change control process for computer related systems
- Experience with scientific data acquisition systems like SDMS, Empower, PerkinElmer ELN
- Strong team player who can effectively collaborate with DTI colleagues in multiple locations on complex tasks and develop designs and strategies to address common problems within the benchtop support domain
- Occasional travel may be required in order to work with other team members
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.