DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using enzymatic DNA synthesis (EDS) technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through the decentralization of rapid, on demand and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for customizing nucleic acid synthesis thus accelerating discovery in genetics, genomics, and synthetic biology. Discovery disciplines with profound impacts upon humanity such as biopharma, translational genetics and even molecular information storage all start with synthetic DNA. The company has recently initiated the commercialization of its first EDS powered platform, the SYNTAX system.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $315M of financing, with leading investors such as Coatue Management, Fidelity Management and Research, Catalio Capital Management, Casdin Capital, LSP, Bpifrance Large Ventures, Danaher, Illumina Ventures, Agilent, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, T Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and Eurazeo.
DNA Script also partners on technology and product development with leading organizations such as DARPA, IARPA, Moderna Therapeutics, GE Research, Illumina, the Broad Institute, Harvard University, Institut Pasteur and the French Department of Defense.
DNA Script has its research and manufacturing facilities headquartered in Paris, France, and is in the process of expanding its commercial and development teams in South San Francisco.
Opportunity and Challenges :
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately eager people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write.” We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our DNA On Demand platform not only has the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impacts across biological sciences.
We are opening a new position for a Verification Engineer to join the lead of the Product Development (PD) organization at DNA Script in the System Engineering and Verification & Validation team. This is an amazing opportunity to join a growing department and make a huge impact on a disruptive company.
- Lead the definition, design, and execution of system verification activities on instrument projects
- Determine strategy for testing product and sub-system requirements, including how requirements will be tested, sample size, resource and material needs
- Coordinate testing via knowledge of both Mechanical and Electrical disciplines on the Hardware-side with Biological and Chemical disciplines on the Performance-side
- Develop, write, and execute system verification test methods to evaluate product requirements and augment user-oriented testing
- Develop high quality and statistically powered experiments and test methods based on Design of Experiments Techniques and related approaches
- Utilize change control documentation practices in each phase of verification.
- Document planned and unplanned deviations, ensure that such changes are appropriately reviewed and analyzed.
- Generate comprehensive test reports, recommendations for corrective action, and project risk assessment based on verification results
- Participate in
- Use manufacturing, test, development, and/or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs, oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
- Assist in development of specifications as they relate to the system and intended use.
- Exercise independent judgment and apply solution thinking, problem solving, and troubleshooting
- Maintain a clean work environment including instruments and equipment and workspace
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other relevant discipline with 4+ years of verification or validation experience
- Master’s degree in engineering or other relevant discipline with 2of verification or validation experience
- Experience in a regulated industry; in vitro diagnostics, medical device, or biotech preferred
- Experience in systems verification and validation principles or studies while working in biotech, pharma industry, clinical research, or other relevant industry.
- Experience in product development, design control, and experimental design
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Experience performing verification studies on biotech instrumentation
- Attention to detail and ability to identify and remediation issues found during testing.
- Highly effective verbal and written skills, including technical authorship.
- Ability to meet technical objectives and solve challenges under conditions of ambiguity and rapid change.
- Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience running and trouble-shooting complex instruments including electromechanical systems, especially linear actuators and fluidics.
- Extensive experience diagnosing and correcting problems with instruments or equipment.
- Job located in South San Francisco, California
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Health, Dental, Vision. Company pays 95% of premiums for employees and dependents. We have lots of plans available including HMOs, PPOs, HDHPs, etc.
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Other employee-funded plans including pre-tax commuter, HSA, and FSA
- Mental health support with Sesh
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Initial screening with the hiring manager
- Day interview at the office (or remote) with the manager, cofounders, HR and the rest of the team
- Reference Checks
- Timing: 2-3 weeks