As a Biological Data Scientist, you will work to better understand large high-throughput datasets. You will support data analysis for external scientific collaborations while developing novel analysis tools and workflows.
You have a passion for understanding biology via novel high-throughput data generation. You enjoy multidisciplinary scientific collaborations. You are conscientious and value scientific reproducibility and intelligibility as much as innovation. You can juggle competing priorities and stay focused on long-term goals, while having the flexibility to keep up with the pace of experimental science.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate both internally and externally with biologists and chemists to better understand large datasets
- Work with research, software development, engineering, and product teams to create data analysis tools for internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate complex analyses internally and to external scientific collaborators
- Ph.D. in computer science / bioinformatics / computational biology or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with biological data analysis
- Strong expertise in scientific python (e.g., pandas, scipy, matplotlib)
- Experience with large image derived datasets
- Expertise in data workflow management systems (e.g., Snakemake, Nextflow) a plus
- Cell imaging experience is a plus
- Customer facing experience is strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team oriented, flexible, able to adapt to rapidly evolving goals and challenges
- Enthusiasm for gaining biological and drug discovery experience essential
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.