Precision BioSciences is seeking a Research Associate III to help produce our ARCUS nuclease. The position will help maintain stock solutions and may need to produce electrocompetent cells to facilitate ARCUS production. The candidate will have excellent molecular biology skills and some familiarity with directed evolution and DNA library generation. The candidate must be extremely detail oriented, have excellent communication skills, and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
**Please note, Precision BioSciences mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform role-related duties other than those contained in this document.
- Perform library selections to isolate functional ARCUS nucleases
- Produce selection libraries
- Maintain an accurate, detailed, up to date notebook
- Generate electrocompetent bacteria, as necessary
- Generate DNA templates through PCR or DNA minipreps
- Analyze and purify DNA on Agarose gel electrophoresis
- Restriction digest analysis
- Perform large and small scale plasmid purification
- Electroporate bacteria with plasmid DNA
- Titer electroporated bacteria on selective media
- Maintain stocks of necessary reagents (IPTG, antibiotics, sucrose)
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or Molecular Biology and 5+ years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong background in molecular biology with wet lab experience
- Experience with bacterial positive and negative selections
• Experience working with DNA-binding proteins
• Experience in directed evolution experiments
• Background in genome editing and/ or homologous recombination
• Exposure to cell culture work to facilitate collaborations
• Strong communication skills, including written and verbal reporting to supervisor, team, company, and at conferences.
· Minimal travel is anticipated for this position.
· This is a primarily lab-based position associated with the main headquarters in Durham, NC.
Precision BioSciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTIL), is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to improving life (DTIL) with its novel and proprietary ARCUS® genome editing platform. This isn’t just a statement supporting the products that we’re developing – it’s a statement that speaks to our collective desire to do our part in improving the lives of those around us. ARCUS is a highly specific and versatile genome editing platform designed with therapeutic safety, delivery, and control in mind. Using ARCUS, Precision is developing allogeneic CAR T and in vivo gene correction therapies for cancer and genetic diseases. Our team includes pioneers in genome editing, leaders in business, and a full staff of talented and committed people who are excited to be a part of medical and scientific breakthroughs. For additional information, please visit www. precisionbiosciences.com
Precision BioSciences actively fosters an inclusive environment to ensure we attract and retain the best talent; we value diversity of life experiences and perspectives; and we encourage innovation in pursuit of our mission. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Precision BioSciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.