The Senior Software Engineer (Software Development Engineer in Test) is a member of the software test team who specializes in the development of test tooling for the embedded software components of the RefleXion radiotherapy system. The Senior Software Engineer works closely with embedded developers, electrical engineers, and test engineers to develop and validate test tools and simulation frameworks that perform in-depth nominal, non-nominal, performance, and stress testing of the in-house developed embedded endpoints within the system.
The Senior Software Engineer also contributes as needed to the formal verification testing of the embedded components of the system with responsibility for the full cycle of test development including manual and automated test case creation and modification, dry runs, review, and formal execution and defect tracking.
- Design, implement, test, and document test tools to support informal and formal product software verification.
- Design, implement, test, and document hardware simulation frameworks to support product software development, verification, and other business functions that benefit from the use of a simulated product configuration.
- Collaborate with the embedded software development team to instrument the product code for testability.
- Develop and document test manual and automated test cases.
- Execute formal verification test runs on configuration-controlled systems and identify & document encountered defects
- 5 years experience in embedded software development on an industry standard RTOS - QNX/Linux preferred
- 5 years experience in C++, STL, object-oriented analysis and design, and real-time, multi-threaded software design
- 5 years experience in software testing
- Expertise in communication protocols, especially TCP/IP, UDP/IP, and ModBus
- Basic knowledge of electronics; able to employ meters, scopes, etc. in the testing of embedded system software
- Basic knowledge of networking; able to configure switches and routers and employ network analyzers in the testing of embedded system software
- Experience writing clear, thorough technical documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- 2 years experience testing medical device software
- Familiarity with requirements-based testing
- Familiarity with ALM tools for requirements, test, and issue tracking (e.g. Helix, Rational)
- Experience with software configuration management tools, especially Git.
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 Weeks/Year PTO Accrual rate to start
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site