MaxCyte is a leading commercial cell-engineering company focused on providing enabling platform technologies to advance innovative cell-based research as well as next-generation cell therapeutic discovery, development, and commercialization. Over the past 20 years, we have developed and commercialized our proprietary Flow Electroporation® platform, which facilitates complex engineering of a wide variety of cells. Our ExPERT™ platform, which is based on our Flow Electroporation technology, has been designed to support the rapidly expanding cell therapy market and can be utilized across the continuum of the high-growth cell therapy sector, from discovery and development through commercialization of next- generation, cell-based medicines. The ExPERT family of products includes: four instruments, the ATx™, STx™, GTx™, and VLx™; a portfolio of proprietary related processing assemblies or disposables; and software protocols, all supported by a robust worldwide intellectual property portfolio.
The Research Associate is part of a Process Development team that works on developing various cell therapy platforms, including but not limited to autologous/allogeneic CAR-T, CAR- NK, hHSCs, MSCs, iPSCs derived cell therapy products. This individual executes a variety of laboratory procedures to ensure timely completion of the company's scientific objectives and customer requirements. This individual also provides lab support to scientists working with customers in the field. Works under general supervision.
Primary responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
• Executes process development studies using sound scientific and engineering principles to develop and improve unit operations used for production of various cell therapy products.
• Perform mammalian cell culture, basic cell transfection experiments, assist in evaluation of various cell concentration platforms used in cell therapy, and basic flow cytometry.
• Maintains and cryopreserves cell lines for cell and gene therapy platform optimization studies.
• Prepares research summaries, provides input to interpretation of experimental results, and troubleshoots general technical problems especially in cell and gene therapy product manufacturing.
• Ensures all data is appropriately archived; maintains a pristine laboratory notebook detailing all experimental work.
• Works cooperatively and effectively with others both within and between departments.
• Uses scientific literature to keep aware of current technologies in the area of cell and gene therapy.
• Attends and presents results at department meetings and may present at company meetings.
• Maintains, calibrates and operates equipment according to established protocols. Monitors equipment for appropriate operation within set parameters and refers abnormal results to lab management.
• Complies with all applicable policies regarding health, safety, and environmental policies.
• Maintains inventory and orders lab supplies, especially for cell and gene therapy.
• Organizes PD lab and maintain cleanliness
• Occasional weekend work may be required
• Other duties as assigned.
• M.S in Biological Sciences, Biomedical Engineering or Immunology or related Discipline with at least 2 years of industry experience OR a BS in Biological Sciences, Biomedical Engineering or Immunology with at least 4 years of industry experience is required
• Knowledge of biology/immunology/biochemistry as applied in cell and gene therapy processes (such as aseptic cell culture, cellular metabolism, T-cell biology, cryopreservation) is required
• Knowledge and experience in CAR-T cell therapy, T cell biology, molecular biology and fundamental immunology. Prior hands-on experience with equipment and unit operations typically used in process development and manufacture of cell therapy products is preferred
• Cell culture experience required; experience with primary T cells, NK cells or iPSCs preferred
• Other preferred experience includes gene editing technologies, analytical assays including flow cytometry, and working knowledge of statistical software (e.g. JMP)
• Must be comfortable handling and processing blood or serum samples
• Able to independently execute and troubleshoot experiments, analyze/ report/present data and collaborate with team members to design studies
• Excels in a self-driven, performance/results oriented, fast paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work in cross functional teams, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects
• Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills as applied to process and equipment troubleshooting
MaxCyte, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter . Please reference PD Research Associate III – Cell & Gene Therapy in the subject line.