SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE II – PHARMACOLOGY
Global Blood Therapeutics, Inc. (GBT) is seeking a Senior Research Associate II – Pharmacology to support in vivo studies for preclinical research activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform in vivo pharmacology and PK studies in a team environment to support early drug discovery projects
- Evaluate the mechanism of action in drug efficacy studies
- Set up new disease models to validate novel and existing targets
- Plan, execute, analyze, and document experiments and present results at internal meetings
- BS degree in Biology, or related discipline, with at least 5+ years of experience, preferably in the same industry
- Hands-on experience performing in vivo studies, dose administration, and sample collection required
- Experience in surgical models is required
- Statistical understanding and knowledge of common statistical software
- Experience in hematological models is a plus
- Organized, self-motivated, able to multitask and deliver results with high attention to detail to help drive projects forward in a timely manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position may require you to work onsite or interact in person with customers of the Company and/or work onsite from time to time at the Company’s facilities. The Company requires all employees working in its facilities (including attending in-person meetings and events) to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for a disability/medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. This position requires you to maintain a fully-vaccinated status against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.