The Engineer-I or En-II OpIT (Operations Information Technology) is an entry level up to 6 years' experience position in the OpIT Engineering group of FDBU.
The Engineer-I/Eng II is a full-time engineering position with daily tasks relating to industrial IT automation manufacturing systems to include network infrastructure, servers, and operating system support. The Engineer-I/Eng II candidate will support manufacturing software and network connectivity issues as well as equipment PC/Thin client hardware. The candidate will possess a background in scripting (VBS preferably or Batch Command File). The Engineer-I will also have a solid understanding of windows operating system and Active Directory (workstation/Thin Clients and server if possible). The Engineer-I/Eng II will have experience in creating Power Point slide presentations as well as troubleshooting guidelines for plant operators and for maintenance personnel. The Engineer-I/Eng II will need a good understanding of Active Directory and Account Management as well VMware and Virtualization in server environments.
Under minimal supervision, the Engineer-I/Eng II is responsible for the day-to-day manufacturing IT system operations and troubleshooting. The troubleshooting will include doing computers and terminal system's assessment when they are not operational as well as Server system's support. In addition to the troubleshooting background in computerized systems, the Engineer-I/Eng II will support with the design, procurement, installation, and start-up of new IT systems in accordance with FDBU standards and cGMP regulatory requirements.
The candidate will have a high level of great customer service and willingness to support plant personnel as well as support with GMP documentation. This job will pave the way for a solid career in Industrial IT Automation.
As such, this position requires knowledge of pharmaceutical cGMP processes, but could be reconsidered if applicant possesses strong IT background in relevant area.
* This position will be on-site in Research Triangle Park, NC. NOT REMOTE *
This position will require participation in a weekly rotating, after-hour, IT automation support function.
This position will directly report to the Associate Director of Automation.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support with system backups
- Support with drawing updates (Visio)
- Support with network wiring
- Support with PC hardware (hard drives, memory, power supplies...)
- Account management (Active Directory)
- PC upgrade projects
- Printer issues
- Depending on time, graphics or system improvements.
- Support with Commercial software installs like GE's Unicorn system, Emerson's DeltaV and others.
- Network Security support and network switches and VLAN configuration support
- Deviation's and Change Control
- SOP updates
- WO implementation
- Proficient computer skills with experience Virtualization and Active Directory.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Strong technical aptitude for problem solving and data driven decision making
- Basic understanding of theories/practices utilized by other disciplines outside primary area of expertise (e.g. validation, process engineering, quality, etc.)
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate within cross-functional teams and to management
- Ability to organize and present technical and project management overviews to engineering staff, cross functional departments, and management without assistance
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team-based environment with employees at all levels
- Maintains effective relationships across functional units gaining their trust and respect
- Puts accomplishing the goals of the group ahead of accomplishing individual goals
- Openly shares knowledge/information needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem
- Exhibits professionalism and sets an example for others to follow
- Self-starter and detail oriented
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to clearly articulate sound reasoning and data when recommending courses of action
- Ability to discuss normally encountered technical issues, both verbally and written, in a manner that is understood by non-automation personnel
- S. Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 1+ year experience of relevant process IT or 5+ years' equivalent process IT work experience with Trade School or Associate.
- S. Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 0+ years' experience of relevant IT experience.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company's ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class. If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBUHR@fujifilm.com
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.