ImmunityBio, Inc. is a late-stage immunotherapy company developing next-generation therapies that drive immunogenic mechanisms for defeating cancer and infectious disease. The company’s immunotherapy platform is designed to activate both the innate (natural killer cell and macrophage) and adaptive (T cell) immune systems to create long-term “immunological memory.”
ImmunityBio Inc. is seeking a talented, motivated, flexible, and experienced Research Associate to join a growing research team developing novel immunotherapies across multiple therapeutic areas, including, but not limited to cancer and infectious diseases. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with animal handling and be able to perform animal studies independently. The successful candidate will possess excellent organizational, strong oral and written communication skills.
• Perform in vivo pharmacology experiments utilizing both immunocompetent & immunocompromised mouse models (syngeneic, xenograft tumor models and humanized mouse models).
• Process samples ex vivo to obtain readouts including cells infiltration, cells phenotype and blood cytokines levels, etc.
• Conduct a variety of in vitro functional assays (ELISA, ELISPOT, ICS, etc.)
• Appropriately analyze data, interpret results, and maintain accurate laboratory notebook records; prepare and deliver presentations at team meetings.
• Carry out assigned laboratory work under minimal supervision
• Train team members on procedures and conduct additional laboratory work as needed.
• BS/MS in immunology, biochemistry, biology, biomedical engineering, molecular biology or similar field with equivalent of 5 years of in vivo experience.
• Experience with in vitro and in vivo pharmacology studies, e.g. sterile cell culture techniques, and mouse handling experience (animal dosing (IV, PO, IP, SC), tumor implantation, blood/tissue collection, etc.) in either academic or industry laboratory environment is essential.
• Experience with ex vivo tissue processing (e.g. blood, spleen, lymph nodes & tumor) and cell phenotyping via multi-color flow cytometry is required.
• Ability to analyze and monitor human cell engraftment in humanized mice is a plus.
• Possess good interpersonal and strong written/verbal communication skills.
• Excellent skills in prioritizing and time management.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a small team
• Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database software applications, including MS Office (Word, Excel) and Prism.
• Possess high level of honesty and integrity, highly motivated and detail oriented.
The company offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits plan and an excellent career growth opportunity while working with a dynamic team who loves what they do.
ImmunityBio is a mandatory vaccination employer for COVID-19 and its variants. The Company requires that its employees be fully vaccinated as of their start date. If you require a medical or religious accommodation we will engage in the interactive process with you. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. If we make you an offer and you are not yet vaccinated, we will accommodate a delay in start date. ImmunityBio may also mandate that its employees receive vaccine boosters, and all accommodation laws will be followed.