At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology, and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Cell Therapy is one of the most groundbreaking new forms of cancer treatments being studied today. With therapies only in their infancy and BMS’s continued investment in our Cell Therapy capabilities, the growth potential of this science, your career, and the ability to help patients are incredible.
Cell Therapy Product and Analytical Development (P&AD) is seeking enthusiastic, motivated individuals to join its Residual, Ancillary Materials and Protein Characterization analytical development team. The scientists in P&AD develop and execute phase appropriate analytical strategies and methods, using state of the art technology, to enable gene and cell therapy product release as well as to expand knowledge of our process and products. This role will be responsible for developing MS proteomics assays to support process development. These assays will be used for the assessment of residual protein clearance, gene knock-in/knock-out efficiency, etc. The successful candidate is also expected to have extensive proteomics experiment design experience and be able to communicate and collaborate with other groups, such as research, product sciences, and process development, to advance the field of gene and cell therapy. Additionally, the Scientist will interface with external vendors (e.g., CMO’s) for the successful management of any transferred analytical methods.
- Maintenance of Thermo Orbitrap instruments
- Develop and qualify targeted proteomics/DIA assay to qualitative and quantitative characterization of impurity in cell therapy product and gene editing materials
- Study and characterization of T-cells proteome
- Characterization of protein-based raw materials using MS
- Support process development, characterization, and validation of programs with state-of-the-art analytical methods
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in P&AD and other departments to support product development
- Participate in regulatory submissions
Qualifications & Experience
- Ph.D. in chemistry, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, genome sciences, or related disciplines, preferably with 5+ years of industry or/and postdoctoral experience; or MS with 7+ years, or BS with 8+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Familiar with MS proteomics data analysis software, e.g., MaxQuant, Skyline, Biopharma Finder, etc.
- Proven academic and/or industry experiences in LC-MS based analytical methods development
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment, meet deadlines, prioritize work across multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with qualifying and validating assays and an understanding of ICH/ FDA guidelines is preferred
- Experiences in biochemical and biophysical analytical development for gene and CAR-T products, protein therapeutics, etc. is preferred
- Experiences in regulatory document authoring and filing is preferred
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.