At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The candidate will join the Immuno-Oncology and Cellular Therapy Translational Research group in Seattle, and will support immunotherapy development programs. The successful candidate will be an experienced, self-motivated, and resourceful researcher responsible for driving and implementing translational development strategies and clinical biomarker plans for BMS immunotherapy and/or cellular therapy clinical studies. The individual will work with contract research organizations, and internal and external collaborators, to design, execute, and interpret translationally focused experiments and analyses. Activities include biomarker identification, collaboration on assay validation and implementation, and generation and analysis of data that support pharmacodynamic evaluation of drugs and mechanism of action in the clinical trial setting to inform development of immunotherapy agents.
- Develop and implement translational strategies including biomarker plans for immune oncology and cell therapy clinical trials
- Develop new concepts and mechanism of action hypotheses identifying distinguishing characteristics of BMS IO and CT agents alone and in combination with other therapies.
- Coordinate analysis of clinical trial samples and interpret pharmacodynamic and MoA biomarkers
- Provide timely communication of data and present its context and impact
- Evaluate innovative technologies for developing biomarker assays, and help validate assays for clinical trial use
- Maintain a deep understanding of flow cytometric techniques, immunohistochemistry and/other biochemical techniques, and the application and use of these technologies in the clinical trial setting
- Assist with protocol development, exploratory analysis plans, and other documents as needed
- Independently manage internal projects in immune oncology and cell therapy drug development
- Serve on internal cross functional project teams and committees as scientific functional lead
- Work closely with corporate partners to support preclinical, translational, and clinical development of oncology therapeutics
- Ph.D. in immunology, cancer biology, or relevant discipline OR
- M.S. in immunology, cancer biology, or relevant discipline, and 3 + years of experience, preferably in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry setting OR
- Bachelor's in immunology, cancer biology, or relevant discipline, and 5 + years of experience, preferably in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry setting.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Expertise in immunology is required, knowledge of fundamentals of tumor biology in solid and hematological malignancies is desirable
- Familiarity with and experience in the drug development process from discovery through IND filing in an industry setting
- Expertise in developing and analyzing biomarkers for FIH clinical trials
- Experience analyzing high content (eg, transcriptomic, proteomic) datasets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, evidenced by strong ability to interact with and influence research scientists, project teams, outside collaborators and commercial vendors
- Detail-oriented with the ability to identify and implement creative solutions
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.