At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Cell Therapy is one of the most groundbreaking new forms of cancer treatments being studied today. With therapies only in their infancy and BMS’s continued investment in our Cell Therapy capabilities, the growth potential of this science, your career, and the ability to help patients are incredible.
Cell Therapy Product and Analytical Development (P&AD) is seeking an enthusiastic, self-driven Associate Scientist to join its Critical Reagent and Sample Management team that values data quality, high productivity and team‐work. In this individual contributor, lab-based role, the Associate Scientist will work in a collaborative environment to generate cell banks in house and manage the cell banking, control and sample inventory to support routine testing in Analytical Operation and Clinical QC. This position will report to the Manager of the Critical Reagent and Sample management under Development Operation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Culture and cryopreservation of a variety of cell lines using good aseptic technique and following Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain mammalian cell culture and generate master and working cell banks and track the inventory
- Keep accurate and detailed laboratory notebook and documentation, and author certification of test
- Partnering with Analytical/Clinical Operations, Method Development groups, and Cell Core to plan and transfer cellular controls
- Receive samples from various sites and ensure the chain of custody of samples are maintained throughout the life cycle of samples: receipt, handling, storage, distribution, and transfer of samples at the site
- Track samples request and stage samples for analytical testing in timely manner
- Assis the inventory of Cellular controls and incoming samples and sample retains
- Participate in development of improved sample management workflow
- Support of P&AD activities across the entire portfolio, include inventory management, key stakeholder collaboration, strategic planning, and coordination between multiple sites and functions
- Organizes and presents data/information for internal and/or potentially external audiences
- BS in a scientific discipline with 2-3 years (1+ years with MS) of relevant industry experience
- Mammalian cell culture and cryopreservation experience is required
- Demonstrated sufficient knowledge and experience in cell culture, cell banking and cell-based assay
- Experience with cold chain sample storage and transfer
- Strong organizational skills and sense of urgency, responsibility, accountability, passion, and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work both independently and in cross functional teams, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Able to creatively manage time and elevate relevant issues to manager
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency utilizing MS Office products.
If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, there’s no better place than here with our Cell Therapy team. Full of incredible and dedicated team members, those working on CAR-T and other forms of Cell Therapy are transforming patients’ lives through science. From studying individualized cell lines to making brand new discoveries, this bold and personal discipline allows you to grow your career while making a lasting impact on the field of medicine. Join us today.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.