Vendor Manager, IT
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North, South and Central America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Gilead makes it a priority to increase access to its medicines for people who can benefit from them, regardless of where they live or their economic status. Job Description
The Vendor Manager serves as a consultant for technology and services for the Gilead supplier base. The Vendor Manager will be responsible for resolving issues, tracking performance, managing risk, identifying savings opportunities and communicating to all levels, both internal and external, regarding vendor related topics. Experience in managing SOW vendor relationships - staffing, sourcing and professional services ideal, as well as experience in software management. The goal is to lead all aspects of managing the vendors at a high level partnering very closely with IT Leaders, Business stakeholders and Procurement. Vendor Management is the process by which relationships with vendors, and the documentation that underpins them, are actively created, monitored and cultivated to ensure that business objectives are achieved.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Participate on teams to develop and execute strategies that increase savings, efficiency and reduces risks
- Provide deep analytical, communication and project management skills
- Reporting and tracking of KPIs
- Arranging and conducting Supplier Business Reviews
- Setting mutually beneficial business goals
- Developing escalation processes and key contacts lists
- Provide proactive Vendor Management so that the terms of a contract are adhered to so that contractual benefits are realized
- Resilience and continuity - by maintaining a constant dialogue with key Third Party vendors the business can assess any ongoing risks to supply and make alternative plans in a timely fashion if required
- Compliance - periodic assessment of compliance so that any risk associated with legislation or company standards is minimized
- Risk Management - Maintaining a close working relationship with vendors helps to reduce risk. Regular performance management of suppliers ensures that any issues are surfaced in good time and can be mitigated before they become a problem
- Innovation - develop ideas for the company to grow and develop new technologies. Develop close relationships with vendors to position the company to take advantage of advancements in vendor's products or services
- Assists senior leaders in managing specific vendor relationships
- Participates in the actual purchase process and verifies compliance with Technology's purchasing procedures
- Assists with assessment and management of contract and procurement risk
- Conducts market analysis and identifies trends in the technology industry
- Assists Technology organization managers with documenting requirements and vendor related issues
- Stays abreast of contract and purchasing compliance and routinely informs Technology's customers
- Serves as a knowledge resource for the Technology organization on existing contracts and agreements
- Serves as Technology's representative on interdepartmental project team
- High School Degree and Eleven Years Experience OR Associate's Degree and Nine Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Seven Years Experience OR Masters Degree and Five Years Experience
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of IT and the service catalog and assigned departments/business areas
- Strong communication, excellent research skills, and learning agility to understand internal business or IT process, best practices and translate into technology needs/opportunities
- Strong work ethic, a sense of business urgency, and ability to work effectively with many deadlines in a complex matrix organization
- Strong business acumen
- Possesses strong leadership skills and able to make critical decisions
- Ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems
- Strong executive-level verbal and written communications
- Extensive experience in stakeholder management, dealing with senior management up to executive level
Gilead Core Values Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Ability to work with dispersed and global teams and locations
- Excellent at interpersonal skills and relationship development
- Specific experience in the Life Sciences/Pharma/Medical Devices/Healthcare industries is preferred
Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
Teamwork (Working Together)
Excellence (Being Your Best)
Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.