The Clinical Scientist, Clinical and Medical Affairs, RefleXion will have the primary responsibility of conducting and leading physics research projects that support the clinical development of the RefleXion radiotherapy system. This individual must understand the nuances of carrying out cutting-edge radiation physics research as well as interacting with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and other key external stakeholders as they gain hands-on experiences with RefleXion systems. The scientist will work very closely with Research and Development (R&D) team at Reflexion Medical. The individual must have strong technical and clinical knowledge of radiation oncology physics.
- Day-to-day task will revolve around generating scientific evidence through experiments, data aggregation and article writing
- Collection and Analysis of test data: utilizing analytical and scientific skills
- Demonstrate good writing and scientific presentation skills
- Work with institutional partners on projects that can lead to conference presentation and publication
- Support medical affairs and marketing initiatives including presenting to customers, requesting scientific proposal and other customer facing activities.
- Have hands-on experience on the novel BgRT system
- Work across the RefleXion organization on cross-functional projects as applicable.
- Support the development of software for pre-clinical development research
- Other duties as assigned
- MS/PhD in medical physics, physics, biomedical engineering, or closely related field
- MSc with < 2 years (Associate Clinical Scientist) or MSc with +2 years/ PhD (Clinical Scientist) research experience in industry or academic setting
- Knowledge of radiotherapy industry
- Must be able to interact with clinical customers such as physician, medical physicists, and research collaborators
- Software design skills and programming expertise using Matlab, Python, and C++
- EGSnrc or GEANT4 Monte Carlo simulation skill is an added advantage
- Ability to travel up to 30% domestically and internationally
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 Weeks/Year PTO Accrual rate to start
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site