Who We Are:
We are an integrated genetic medicines company developing targeted, disease-modifying medicines for patients with life-limiting respiratory diseases. Our treatments address the underlying genetic cause in underserved populations and have the potential to tremendously impact the quality and length of patients’ lives.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission: harnessing our multi-platform approach to develop disease-modifying medicines. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in RNA delivery technologies, protein structure, tRNA biology, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and drug development.
Summary of Position:
We are seeking for a highly motivated individual to join the Bioanalytical Team in Menlo Park. The responsibilities of this role will be to use established assays for detection and quantification of target proteins and mRNAs in blood, tissue, and cell samples. The ideal candidate will also be involved in developing novel protein and mRNA detection assays, anti-drug antibody assays, and LNP potency assays. The successful candidate will collaborate with an inter-disciplinary team of ReCode scientists and will have access to excellent experimental and analytical facilities.
- Execute bioanalytical assays to support cell-based and in vivo studies. These assays will focus initially on detection and quantitation of target protein expression and mRNA cargo as well as immunogenicity and tolerability of the drug candidates.
- Work closely with cell culture, in vivo, RNA production, and formulation teams to coordinate sample processing and bioanalytical assays.
- Must be able to maintain accurate and well-organized laboratory records, worksheets, and notebooks.
- Plan and perform experiments and analyze data with minor supervision
- Present data at group meetings
- Contribute to lab management activities
- BS in Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology, or a related life science field with 0-3 years of experience in a biotech company or fast-paced academic lab.
- Strong foundation and knowledge of biochemical and molecular biology techniques.
- Experience with a variety of analytical techniques including quantitative PCR, ELISA, and western blotting.
- Experience with sample processing methods to support protein and nucleic acid detection from a variety of tissue types.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, data analysis software (e.g. GraphPad Prism).
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers a competitive compensation/benefits package with a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development.
ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.