The Scientific Account Manager will develop strong relationships with Virscio’s current and future customers to ensure long-term revenue growth. You will be responsible for maintaining a client-focused approach to understanding current and long-term preclinical needs to enable a robust and growing pipeline of RFPs. You will collaborate Management, Business Development, Scientific Subject Matter Experts (SME), Proposals and Contracts, Project Management, other cross-functional departments to ensure Virscio overall customer satisfaction and attainment of company goals.
- Efficiently manage and build relationships with existing and prospective clients to drive client engagement and opportunity development to achieve annual revenue objectives.
- Partner with cross-functional scientific leads to define client study needs and corresponding statements of work (SOW) to advance the RFP process to contract.
- Follow up with prospective clients to ensure that all outstanding proposals are complete and meet their needs.
- Maintain Virscio’s CRM system to ensure accurate pipeline forecasting, and reporting of lead-to-contract conversion rates while maintaining a consistently high customer engagement and service level.
- Qualify and respond to RFI and RFQ inquiries submitted via marketplace platforms like Assay Depot/Scientist.com, Science Exchange & other platforms for requests.
- Interact with scheduling and/or project management groups to ensure collaborative tracking to service initiation and assist with scheduling needs as required
- Collect voice-of-customer feedback, including complaints, and report to the commercial and/or operational teams for further action and timely resolution
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- 2-5 years of prior scientific and/or business development experience in preclinical research required
- Bachelor’s degree in science required; Master’s or PhD preferred
- Experience in Contract Research Organization (CRO), Life Science, and/or Biotechnology industry experience required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and an excellent team player who can work well independently or collaboratively
- Prior experience with Salesforce is required; Experience in customizing to business requirements is high desired.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent Customer Service and Focus (internal and external customers).