Pushing the frontier of solid cancer therapy, Neogene Therapeutics is a global, preclinical stage biotechnology company built on the premise of innovation and novel paradigm-changing science. Using tumor mutation profiles to engineer fully individualized T cell therapies, Neogene is bringing new hope to address the current limitations of treatments available today.
We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic biotech with locations in Amsterdam, Netherlands and in Santa Monica, CA. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell therapies.
Neogene values pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance, and a daring mindset. If you share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide an exciting opportunity for your career.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist, Analytical Development to join our AD team. The SR Scientist is responsible for the development of molecular biological assays and bioinformatics activities using for characterizing engineered TCR T-cell therapy. This position will be a key player for implementing of technology platforms, assay transfer and assay qualification. Additionally, the role will contribute to the establishment of molecular biological laboratory, development, and qualification of assays, and set up bioinformatic workflows. This position is based out of Santa Monica, CA, USA, and reports directly to the Director, Analytical Development.
- Develop, qualify, and validate analytical assays that are intended for T-cell therapy drug substance characterization and drug products release using qPCR, dPCR and NGS.
- Perform routine assays as a QC personnel for drug products release to support clinical trials.
- Author assay reports with solid datasets to evaluate assay characteristics.
- Assist the establishment and operation of quality control analytical testing
- Support cross-functional projects with research, process development and manufacture.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Immunology, Cell Biology, or related scientific discipline with 2+ years of relevant industry experience OR MS (in aforementioned disciplines) with 6+ years relevant industry experience.
- Extensive experience in in executing and optimizing assays and analyzing data using multiple molecular biological platforms, e.g. qPCR, dPCR, Illumina Nextseq,..etc.
- Bioinformatic data analysis is highly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge in immunology with hands-on experience working with T cells is preferred.
- Experience for author analytical assay and data to support the IND filing is preferred.
- Working experience in a regulated environment (GLP, GMP or CLIA) is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills for scientific studies and projects.
- Enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic start-up company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic biotech company. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell therapies. We value pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance and a daring mindset. If you share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide a unique opportunity to be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed growth-stage biotechnology company.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.