You will join a team of Scientists supporting late stage programs in the Internal Medicine therapy area. You will be the primary Clinical Pharmacology Lead providing clinical pharmacology expertise to a multidisciplinary project team for late stage development programs and/or programs in transition from early development.
- Act as Clinical Pharmacology representative providing clinical pharmacology expertise to a multidisciplinary study team for a late-stage Internal Medicine program(s).
- Participate in implementing model-informed drug development using quantitative approaches to address questions arising during drug development (including dose selection, clinical trial design, special population dosing, benefit/risk assessment).
- Work closely with clinicians, statisticians, and clinical operations colleagues to design, conduct and report results of Clinical Pharmacology trials.
- Accountable for non-compartmental analysis of PK data and accountable for ensuring appropriate PK-PD analysis including population PK, PK-PD modeling and simulation, meta-analysis, etc.
- Able to interpret PK and PK/PD data and integrate this knowledge into the clinical trials and the overall clinical program.
- Responsible for providing the clinical pharmacology components of protocols, clinical development plans and regulatory documents.
- Influences environment outside of Pfizer through methods such as publications and presentations.
- PhD or PharmD with 4+ years of related experience
- Experience applying pharmacokinetic and pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic concepts, including modeling and simulation to clinical trial design
- Clinical drug development experience in Internal Medicine or other therapeutic area
- Strong communication skills--written, verbal and presentation
Nice To Have
- Strong technical proficiency with pharmacokinetic software (e.g., WinNonlin, NONMEM, S+Plus, R)
Other Job Details:
- Additional Location Information: Groton, CT, Collegeville, PA, and New York, NY
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Relocation support available
Work Location Assignment:Flexible
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.