The position is responsible for the program of governance, standards, and data integrity for financial master data. This includes developing/maintaining master data procedures, implementing controls over master data maintenance, and creating verification/reconciliation methods to ensure the integrity of the financial data. This role will ensure the timely, accurate set up of financial master data within SAP and Planful, with adherence to all required controls. This includes assessing impacts to reports, templates, and other tools as a result of a master data change and proactively driving corrective action where needed. This individual will be accountable for the data accuracy and ensuring all necessary changes are successfully implemented and communicated to all the stakeholders. They will manage and ensure the accuracy and overall integrity of all Financial Master Data elements. This position will be responsible to maintain policies and procedures related to the Financial Master Data processes to ensure appropriate and accurate data is recorded into the various financial systems. This individual will play a role in all necessary aspects of project initiatives that have a dependency on the structure and accuracy of Financial Master Data. This position requires strong technical, business, and analytical skills to manage data quality monitoring & measuring, root cause analysis, logical design, testing, reporting, requirement gathering and development/maintenance of applications. In addition to the data responsibilities, this position will manage the overall administration of the records retention program for Finance.
- Data Governance
- Assist in the definition of data quality goals
- Monitor, verify, and audit compliance of data with data standards
- Document data and metrics definitions, maintain and update business rules and calculations, analyze and improve data quality
- Identify deficiencies in systems, applications, data stores, and processes that create and change data and thus may introduce or create data quality problems for plan and forecast data
- Assess impacts to reports, templates, and other tools as a result of a master data change and proactively driving corrective action where needed
- Act as Data Governance manager over financial master data objects to ensure consistency, uniformity and accuracy of data.
- Prepares the Master Data Governance Scorecard
- Run designated reports weekly/bi-weekly/monthly that will support analytics, data accuracy, metrics, reporting, etc.
- Accountable for the development and implementation of Data Governance policies and procedures
- Play a lead role in the expansion of the data quality processes to incorporate new items and improve efficiencies
- Develop specifications for interfaces and validations to ensure interoperability between systems
- Identify gaps between current capabilities and new requirements
- Recommendation system and process improvements and manage projects to implement changes
- Master Data
- Responsible for reviewing and updating financial master data in the various financial systems (SAP, Planful). Understanding the Financial processes and procedures underlying the system master data hierarchy is essential. Impact of inaccurate data in the system will cause significant issues.
- Accountable for accurate processing of all financial master data maintenance including: Vendors, G/L Accounts, Cost Centers, Profit Centers, Cost Elements, Projects, WBS elements, and other financial master data and related data.
- Accurately perform internal controls over the set up and change of master data and maintain evidence to support actions
- Key subject matter expert role in all project initiatives that have a dependency on the structure and accuracy of Financial Master Data. Facilitate business requirements and implement communication and change management processes, when necessary. Manage all testing activities (test plans, test cases and test scripts) and document results
- Develop and implement all reporting requirements concerning Master Data
- Design and implement process automations
- Data Quality
- Responsible for data integrity of the Financial Planning Reporting system
- Reconcile inputs and of data across source systems and other related reports. Monitor automated jobs and address errors.
- Research and resolve all data quality issues. Escalate issues and solutions when appropriate.
- Execute audit checks and annual validations and recommend improvements
- Lead data clean-up and validation efforts by proactively reaching out to all business partners and stakeholders to ensure effective management of all changes and resulting impacts
- Work closely with management to solve system related issues as they arise
- Make recommendations to improve data quality
- Finance Department Records Retention
- Responsible for the overall coordination of records retention program for Finance.
- Initiate communication with the team to identify actions in accordance with records retention timelines.
- Clarify methodology and process
- Create tools to analyze data and collect responses
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting required
- MBA preferred Experience Qualifications
- 4 or More Years of increasing responsibility in FP&A, Corporate Finance and/or Financial Reporting Areas. required
- Experience with SAP in FI Application and practices, database elements, relationship and query concepts/report writing skills. required
- Strong technical knowledge and math skills preferred
- ability to prioritize and multi-task. required
- Pharmaceutical industry preferred Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.