Business Analytics & Insights (BAI) harnesses the power of data to drive robust analytical insights that inform some of Pfizer's most critical business questions. With colleagues across the globe, BAI’s rigorous analytical expertise is depended on as the compass and decision support for the enterprise. Our dynamic, exciting team of subject-matter experts comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, including market research, data science, digital analytics, finance, and consulting. As a team, we partner to turn data into meaningful insights that will have a direct impact on patient's lives and the future of Pfizer as a data-driven organization.
The Senior Manager, Data Science, Business Analytics & Insights is accountable for delivering data science driven strategic and tactical support for an assigned US brand. As a strategic partner to the US Commercial and Medical team, this person will develop and implement models and data-science derived insights that drive brands’ strategic priorities. This will include driving the execution and interpretation AI/ML models, framing problems, and shaping solutions. Also, this person will help shape the brands’ strategies and tactics by interfacing closely with Data Science COEs to develop bespoke AI/ML models to meet evolving needs, and interface closely with omnichannel-operations to drive execution.
This role is dynamic, fast-paced, highly collaborative, and covers a broad range of strategic topics that are critical to our business. The successful candidate will join BAI colleagues worldwide that are constantly supporting business transformation through their proactive thought leadership, innovative analytical capabilities, and their ability to communicate highly complex and dynamic information in new and creative ways.
Role definition and key accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
Commercial and Medical Data Science and Insights
- Provide data science and insights to US Commercial and Medical teams to drive brand tactic decisions
- Act as strategic partner to frame, investigate, translate complex data related models, and answer key business questions related to the identification and evaluation of Commercial and Medical brand strategies and tactics
- Interface with Omnichannel-operations on execution and data science bespoke analytical needs
- Connect machine learning models and insights together to identify Medical and Commercial brand opportunities and tactics to execute
- Guide Medical and Commercial brand teams via compelling and persuasive story and deliver clear and actionable brand tactic recommendations
- Track and analyze impacts of Medical and Commercial brand strategies and tactics using dashboards and data products
Collaborate with Data Science COE
- Partner with Data Science COE to develop bespoke AI and machine learning models; Configure pre-built models and interpret updated results
- Ensure alignment with Data Science COEs teams to ensure cohesive activities with stakeholders
Collaboration with other BAI and Analytics teams
- Partner with BAI brand lead to incorporate data science capabilities and insights into analytics plans and recommendations
- Contribute to the advancement of BAI data science and consulting capabilities; seek to share knowledge and expertise with other colleagues making use of knowledge sharing platform
- Ensure alignment across BAI Data Science teams and Data Science COE teams to ensure cohesive activities with our stakeholders
- Partner with other analytic functions to advance the use of novel data sources, including RWD
- Analytical Thinker
- Strong Data and Information Manager
- Exceptional Communicator
- Relationship Manager
- Highly Collaborative
- Strong Project Manager
- Proactive Self-Starter
REQUIRED BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in quantitative discipline like engineering or data science
- 4+ years’ experience in business analytics function, country strategy and/or strategic consulting
- 5+ years of work experience
- Experience using data science models to solve problems in a business environment setting
- Experience with machine learning technology, such as: big data stack, Python, R, and visualization techniques
- Experience in understanding brand content, strategy, and tactics
- Ability to effectively utilize dashboards and data products to derive insights
- Understands quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Experience in management of secondary data with application of real-world data
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams (Commercial, Medical, Operations) to execute brand tactics
- Proven ability to connect, integrate and synthesize analysis and data into a meaningful ‘so what’ to drive concrete strategic recommendations for brand tactics. Capable of describing relevant caveats in data or in a model and how they relate to business question
- Ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands and deal with ambiguity
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Advanced degree preferred in business administration, statistics, or other relevant field
- Experience in Life Sciences Industry
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Other Job Details:
- Limited Business Travel may be required
- Relocation assistance may be available
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Marketing and Market Research