1 in 5 men and 1 in 6 women worldwide develop cancer during their lifetime, and far too many will lose their battle. At Navigate we envision a disease free world – our talented and passionate team is at the forefront of enabling drug development by using transformative science to deliver high quality, world class clinical biomarker solutions so we can one day realize that vision. Join us on our journey to turning innovative treatment ideas into reality to improve and extend patient lives across the globe. Navigate Biopharma, a fully owned subsidiary of Novartis, provides assay development, clinical trial testing, and companion diagnostics services to companies in the precision medicine field. At present, Navigate supports 100+ clinical trials from 30+ pharma, biotech, and diagnostic companies, including 8 of the top 15 oncology companies globally.
As a Sr. Research Associate at Navigate, you will perform routine testing under GCP/GLP/CLIA regulations to support clinical trial sample testing and assist with assay development activities. While part of a highly collaborative team, you will be expected to exhibit independence in testing samples across multiple projects. Candidates must demonstrate critical thinking, initiative and clear communication during the performance of projects.
• Perform testing of patient specimens using multiplex fluorescence or chromogenic immunohistochemistry staining and digital image analysis methods following work instructions, SOPs and/or experimental design
• Analysis and QC of image data using software such as AQUA® Technology or HALO®
• Data report and data transfer using LIMS
• Perform instrument maintenance
• Follow all GMP/GCP/GLP/CLIA regulations and ensure Quality Events are documented
• May contribute to authoring and reviewing technical documents such as work instructions, SOPs and internal presentations
• Perform basic troubleshooting on procedures and assays. May make recommendations for solutions to more senior scientific staff
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Minimum requirements What you will bring to the role:
• MS with no experience, BS/BA with scientific emphasis and minimum of 2 years relevant experience, or Associates degree with minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience
• Demonstrated understanding of, and ability to apply principles, concepts, practices and standards associated with sample testing and/or analytical assay development/validation in a laboratory setting
• Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to learn new skills and core competences in immunohistochemistry and digital image analysis
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Critical thinker and team player
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you are given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you are empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you are surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams’ representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations:
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
call +1(877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected]
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Business Unit NAVIGATE BIOPHARMA SERVICES
Site Carlsbad, CA
Company/Legal Entity Navigate BioPharma Svcs., Inc.
Functional Area Research & Development
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
Shift Work No