Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
As a Senior Bioinformatics Engineer you will design, implement, and test proof-of-concept and prototype software to assist Eikon’s drug-discovery efforts, including cell-line engineering, genomics, and other “omics” applications (e.g., transcriptomics).
You have a passion for developing bioinformatic workflows and a desire to understand all the data involved. You are conscientious and value scientific reproducibility and intelligibility as much as innovation. You can juggle competing priorities and stay focused on long-term goals, while having the flexibility to keep up with the pace of experimental science.
What You’ll Do
- Build bioinformatic pipelines for use in highly automated environments
- Collaborate with biologists and chemists to translate bioinformatics needs into working software
- Analyze NGS data
- Develop and test bioinformatics tools such as those needed for synthetic cell line engineering technologies
- Masters (Ph.D. preferred) in computer science / bioinformatics / computational biology or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in bioinformatics
- Strong expertise in scientific python (e.g., pandas, scipy, matplotlib)
- Experience with current NGS data
- Expertise in data workflow management systems (e.g., Snakemake, Nextflow) a plus
- Cell-line engineering experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team oriented, flexible, able to adapt to rapidly evolving goals and challenges
- Enthusiasm for gaining biological and drug discovery experience essential
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.