Evotec is a multi-modality company with operational sites in Europe and the US. We design and apply innovative technologies and processes across all modalities in order to expand access to more precise and effective medicines together with our partners. The Company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialized platform that can drive new innovative compounds into the clinic. In addition, Evotec has built a deep internal knowledge base in the treatment of diseases related to neuroscience, diabetes and complications of diabetes, pain and inflammation, oncology, infectious diseases, respiratory diseases and fibrosis. Leveraging these skills and expertise the Company intends to develop best-in-class differentiated therapeutics and deliver superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
We are looking for a full-time permanent Senior Scientist for our Structural Biology team in Princeton, New Jersey.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Extensive knowledge in macromolecular crystallography and protein biochemistry
· Experience with construct design and protein purification
· Familiar with biophysical techniques (in particular, Thermal Shift, SPR)
· The successful candidate will have experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
· Experience collaborating with scientists in external organizations.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Reading scientific literature relevant to the project
· Supporting project teams by designing and ordering constructs at project initiation
· Ensuring the delivery of structural data in a timely manner
· Preparing reports, presenting data, and collaborating with other scientists at Evotec
· Complying fully with the company safety policy when performing experiments
· Adhering to Lab Notebook guidelines regarding accurate documentation of lab experiments.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Experience with Membrane and/or Secreted Proteins
· The ability to adapt to changing demands whilst operating under pressure
· Previous experience with Cryo-EM
· Self-motivated, enthusiastic, cooperative and reliable
· Good organizational and time management skills
· Computer proficiency
Education & Experience:
· PhD degree in Structural Biology, Biochemistry or related area
Evotec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.