At Abbvie BTS, within the Operations and Enterprise Systems organizations, Platform Architects are responsible for using technology and data to create solutions that maximize business value and agility. As technical leaders, Platform Architects bringing a wealth of technical and industry experience to solve diverse business and technical challenges. Possessing excellent skill and comfort in engaging technical and non-technical team members, Platform Architects effectively translate and communicate the needs of the business into technical strategy and tactics. Platform Architects are adept at balancing and prioritizing current operational demands and emerging technology capabilities to meet the longer-term strategic vision of Abbvie. Platform Architects lead road mapping activities that create and improve the situational awareness of leaders and technicians and facilitate standardization to improve quality, scale and speed while advocating for adopting new technologies and practices that can deliver outsized impacts. In addition, they provide strategic consultation to business and IT partners as honest brokers that work with great curiosity and transparently.
Platform Architects are Responsible for:
- Being a model and advocate for Abbvie Culture
- Advances technical expertise within function. Proactively demonstrates leadership by advising and sharing knowledge and expert opinions with subordinates, peers, and senior management. Mentors colleagues and assesses current and emerging business challenges enabling functional goal achievement.
- Directing and contributes to the creation of technology roadmaps, the supporting deliverables and the sharing of knowledge and insights with others.
- Leading the preparation of technical plans and ensures that appropriate technical resources are made available. Ensures that appropriate tools and methods are available, understood and employed in architecture development.
- Providing technical guidance and governance on solution development and integration. Evaluates requests for changes and deviations from specifications and recommends actions.
- Sourcing and identifies emerging scientific and technological trends from multiple internal and external sources and assess relevance. Manages the innovation pipeline, executes innovation processes and facilitates the communication and open flow of creative ideas between interested parties and the set-up of innovation networks and communities.
- Contributing to and communicating constraints, standards and guiding principles necessary to define, assure and govern the required evolution of the architecture.
- Shaping relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, and industry peers in accordance with Abbvie Values.
- Plans and implements complex and substantial risk management activities within a specific function, technical area, project, or program.
- Responsible for adherence to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, and data security.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in Science or Technology related field with extensive (typically 16 years) of related work; Master’s Degree or equivalent education in Science/Technology or PharmD or equivalent education with extensive (typically 14 years) of related work; PhD in Science/Technology or related field with typically 8‐10 years of related work experience.
- Technical experience building and designing manufacturing and quality systems and technology
- Preferred experience with technologies IoT, machine learning, distributed systems or MES
- Technical background in healthcare, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices or pharmaceutical companies
- Demonstrated experience with various modeling and design techniques like Archimate, evolutionary architecture, design thinking, and domain driven design.
- Demonstrated understanding of an outcome-based, customer-focused, and product-centered approach to architecture.
- Proven ability to innovate with a history of new or improved technology solutions with remarkable impact on company productivity.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within function and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others in areas of science and technology.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email CorpJat_ABV@abbvie.com.