As an intern, you’ll have access to our data, and you’ll have the resources and independence to delve into problems that you find interesting in addition to assigned projects. Thanks to our robust engineering infrastructure, you’ll get to spend less time data munging and more time science-ing.
As a data science intern, you will be collaborating with cross-functional teams of biologists, chemists, software engineers, and data scientists to help improve our understanding of the biology present in our imaging data. We will give you real-world data to work with, and expect you to come up with creative approaches to solve the problems you’re presented with. You will work closely with both your intern mentor and the rest of the data science team.
Our Intern program run for 3 months and can start any time, depending on your availability.
THE DATA YOU’LL WORK WITH
- Passion for the company mission and comfort with answering open-ended questions
- Ability to brainstorm and communicate with cross-functional teams
- Strong foundation of statistics, probability, and machine learning
- Strong programming experience, preferably in Python
- Experience working with large, high-dimensional datasets (preferred)
- Knowledge of biology/life sciences (preferred)
- Projected graduation from degree program takes place after the completion of your internship
PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY
- Fully automated experimental protocols
- Images and extracted features from > 10 billion cells
- >9 petabytes
- Hundreds of thousands of biological and chemical perturbations
- Clean and easily loaded
- More info and a small (for us) public release can be found here
- 3 months of full-time, paid internship
- Ongoing mentoring and training from our Data Science team
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.