We are currently searching for an Editor to independently provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the NCI/DCTD. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Rockville, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and write communication strategies and plans that identify goals to be achieved, measurable objectives, audiences, messaging, creative concepts, communication channels, and government clearance requirements
- Research and write in appropriate scientific or technical style various communication products, to include press releases, newsletter articles, media releases, fliers, web content and video and podcast scripts
- Monitor scientific and technical literature, conduct content analysis and report findings
- Perform site administration functions related to updating content and design and managing site settings and security protocols
- Provide science writing and editing for the Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis (DCTD) in the preparation and compilation of documents describing past accomplishments and future endeavors of the Division’s on-going initiatives
- Collaborate with staff on writing clinical trial protocols and informed consent documents for use in clinical studies of investigational new drugs at the NIH Clinical Center
- Conduct clinical study management tasks, including preparation and submission of protocol amendments, annual reviews, and other regulatory documents
- Analyze, organize, and interpret scientific data for publications, posters, and oral presentations
- Work with scientists and physicians to ensure timely submission of time-sensitive
- Track frequently asked questions at speaking engagements and other events and develop materials to address relevant Establish and develop relationships with key stakeholders and public affairs personnel of specialized advocacy groups
- Attend meetings and conferences to keep abreast of the extramural activities
- Attend workshops, seminars, and meetings to stay abreast of current scientific and policy trends
- Coordinate program activities at exhibit booths and provide information and services regarding the program to members of the research community at conferences
- Attend scientific meetings and seminars to identify new research developments and activities, including publication/announcement of research results, launching of clinical trials or initiatives involving new technologies, and others
- Ph.D. in Biology, Hematology Oncology, Chemistry, Pharmacology, Genetics, Immunology or related fields
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working as a Post-Doctoral Fellow in a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience writing about clinical and research science
- Expertise in copyediting, science and technical writing and writing for the media
- Understanding of technical scientific terms and concepts, communicating technical ideas to a general audience, and translating scientific language into plain language
- Experience in medical and scientific writings for a variety of audiences (public, the science press, the media, and researchers)
- Extensive understanding of basic biology and lower level science
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
- MS Office Suite
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.