Portfolio Resource Analysis Manager (US-Remote)
- HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Portfolio Resource Analysis Manager
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will work toward multiple goals that will enable outstanding medicines to move through the commercialization pipeline bringing therapies to patients.
Amgen is seeking aPortfolio Resource Analysis Manager (Systems Expert) to join the Research and Development Strategy and Operations organization. In this role, you will provide Planisware V6 systems expertise for forecasting functional resources across R&D. This includes supporting the build of a systematic resource forecasting platform encompassing multiple sources of data.
You will be part of the larger corporate mission of bringing medicines to patients with unmet medical needs every day. Our scale is global and supports our R&D organization around the world. Please join an outstanding team that delivers for our partners!
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support Planisware system and process innovation within team and the larger organization
- Support a consistent algorithm design methodology across R&D functions
- Develop and manage styles, user attributes, drivers, and reporting attributes at different levels in Planisware system
- Build level 1 solutions using Planisware tables, relational attributes, and E7 system architecture
- Manage portfolios, versions, and level 1 objects in Planisware
- Create and maintain algorithms leveraging Planisware and Java application syntax
- Liaise with Information Systems to design specifications for new attributes
- Troubleshoot and facilitate resolution with user issues in algorithm syntax, user functions, and PEX reporting
- Build PEX reports in Planisware
- Manage input and outputs between Planisware and integrated systems
- Understand basic System architecture to manage process changes including PLW releases
- Perform UAT on Planisware changes
- Participate in cross-functional process improvement initiatives
- Execute special projects and assignments
- Adapt to a constantly evolving, fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is an inspirational leader with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 3 years of directly related experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of directly related experience OR
- Associate degree and 10 years of directly related experience OR
- High School diploma/GED and 12 years of directly related experience
- Planisware V6 experience
- BA/BS/BSc in the computer science or in management sciences (decision analysis, operations research), basic sciences, engineering or other majors with strong analytical focus
- 5 or more years work experience in information systems, life sciences or medically related field
- Strong clinical trials operations knowledge, drug development lifecycle and portfolio management processes
- Strong knowledge of planning, forecasting, data analysis
- Strong understanding of principals of customer service as it applies to internal and external customers
- Advanced computer and system operation skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Thorough understanding of financial management, budget process and project valuation metrics
- Advanced skills in configurable application software and analytical development methodologies (Excel, Access, Spotfire, Tableau, Smartsheet)
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple responsibilities, priorities and tasks with minimal direction
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment, as well as build external relationships and navigate a matrixed organization
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Ready to Apply for the Job?
We highly recommend utilizing Workday's robust Career Profile feature to complete the application process. A link to update your profile is available when you click Apply. You can then complete your Workday profile in minutes with the Upload My Experience functionality to upload an updated copy of your resume or you can simply edit the individual sections of your Career Profile.
Please note that you should be in your current position for at least 18 months before applying to internal positions. Staff must notify their current manager if invited for an interview. In addition, Staff are ineligible to apply for open positions if (a) their performance is currently being managed on a performance improvement plan (PIP) or other locally utilized formal coaching document or (b) their most recent performance rating was not a Partially Meets Expectations or higher. Please visit our Internal Transfer Guidelines for more detailed information
GCF Level 05
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.