HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
External Supply Reporting and Analytics Manager-US RemoteLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this dynamic role you will provide reporting and analytics expertise for supply chain risk management and critical external supply initiatives including proactive operational excellence. Responsibilities include:
- Serve as a member of the External Supply Risk and Analytics team, supporting the Raw Material and Device and Amgen Contract Manufacturing organizations within Operations.
- Support the management of the supply chain risk management program sponsored by External Supply.
- Lead the project management for initiatives with internal and external partners focused on reporting and data analytics.
Supply Chain Risk Management Program:
- Lead the customer data input file for Amgens supply chain mapping program
- Collate data from various systems within Amgen and compile a risk model for raw materials and devices to identify potential risks within the supply chain
- Lead all aspects of Amgens supplier survey tracking efforts--supplier contact, follow-up and escalation of issues
- Supervise and manage supplier site event watch alerts, determine potential impact to Amgens incoming supply
- Drive predictive analytics, determine impact to Amgens raw material supply chain to prepare for unforeseen natural disasters globally
- Administration of supply chain risk management training program
- Identify and implement continuous improvement program opportunities
Metrics, dashboards and reporting:
- Develop reports and dashboards for raw material, device and contract manufacturing organizations
- Lead efforts to gather business requirements and collaborate with partners across the network to automate reports and dashboards
- Track and update team goals, metrics, performance boards and reports
- Collate and manage data across multiple Amgen information systems for business analytics
- Identify, develop and establish critical metrics for new reporting needs
- Document business processes in the form of process flows, SOPs/business practice documents, and templates
- Use operational excellence techniques to improve data accuracy, usability and value addition
Analytics assessments and related projects:
- Assist in the development, implementation and analysis of raw material assessments, maturity models, and other risk related tools
- Project manage external supply initiatives with internal partners and third-party vendors
- Expertise with Excel, specifically VLOOKUP and pivot tables, as well as other reporting and data analysis tools including Tableau
- Support ad-hoc analytic needs across external supply
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Reporting and Analytics professional we seek is a collaborative partner with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree in engineering, business management or life science & 2 years of experience in operations / life science industry OR
- Bachelors degree in engineering, business management or life science & 4 years of experience in operations / life science industry OR
- Associate's degree in engineering, business management or life science & 10 years of experience in operations / life science industry OR
- High school diploma / GED & 12 years of experience in operations / life science industry
- Masters degree (Science, Engineering, MBA) in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management or other engineering subject area & 2 years of Operational Excellence related experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
- 5 years of experience in Industrial Engineering and/or Operational Excellence related roles
- Minimal 2 years experience in a highly-regulated business environment
- Leader with a demonstrated ability to develop and work in a high-performing environment
- Experience in applying Lean Six Sigma tools such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Visual Controls, Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen, Mistake-Proofing, Standard Work and Daily Management Systems
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across various parts of the organization
- Adept in breaking down complex issues to enable timely decision-making
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, and use good judgment to draw conclusions
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously, while delivering quality results. Handle responsibilities and priorities and tasks under minimal direction
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.