HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS) ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world.
- Interpreting sophisticated environmental health and safety regulations and developing/maintaining processes that will ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local requirements;
- Collaborating with regulatory agency representatives during on-site inspections and to address program needs;
- Maintaining appropriate records and documentation;
- Preparing and submitting required internal and external regulatory reports;
- Identifying program improvement opportunities by applying data analytics and developing action plans to drive continuous improvements;
- Partnering with all levels of internal client and site/corporate EHS organizations;
- Acting as EHSS representative for internal client organizations by implementing an EHSS culture program, conducting regular inspections, ensuring changes with potential EHSS impacts are assessed, investigating incidents, and assessing risks related to routine and non-routine activities;
- Participating in emergency response activities;
- Facilitation of Training
Flex commuter role: Requires reporting to the site at least 3 days per week Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The [vital attribute] professional we seek is a [type of person] with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 3 years experience in the environmental, safety, technical, scientific, or engineering fields OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of experience in the environmental, safety, technical, scientific, or engineering fields OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of experience in the environmental, safety, technical, scientific, or engineering fields OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of experience in the environmental, safety, technical, scientific, or engineering fields
- Experience with EHS management systems
- Experience with programs related to hazardous materials storage and transportation, water quality, regulated waste, air quality, or environmental sustainability.
- Experience with industrial safety programs such as LOTO, Confined Space, Electrical Safety, Hazardous Gas Management, etc.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, productive, self-starting, program development, and project management.
- Current California Underground Storage Tank Operator Certification;
- Experience working with regulatory agency representatives during on-site inspections and to address program needs;
- Current qualification as a Hazardous Material Technician under the Federal HAZWOPER standard;
- Postgraduate professional qualification preferred (e.g., Certified Safety Practitioner (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH))
- Advanced skills working with MS Excel.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and improve your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.