HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sr. Data Engineer
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will work closely with the product owner/business analyst and various functional teams to understand the data requirements and implement data engineering solutions. This position will be part of the Enterprise Engineering and Analytics organization and the Data engineering team, which is responsible for the design and development of data pipelines to extract, transform, and load data from various data sources in various data formats to Enterprise Data Lake.
- Own end-to-end design and development of data engineering solutions
- Collaborate with lead architects, Business SMEs, and Data Scientists to design data solutions
- Serve as lead engineer for the technical implementation of projects including planning, architecture, design, development, and testing in an agile setting
- Proactively work on challenging data integration problems by implementing optimal ETL patterns, and frameworks for structured and unstructured data.
- Automate and Optimize data pipeline and framework for an easier and efficient development process.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a lead data engineer with experience and interest in building scalable, automated solutions in a fast-paced environment, with these qualifications.
Masters degree and 3 years of relevant experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of relevant experience
Associate degree and 10 years of relevant experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of relevant experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering-related fields
- 3+ years of experience in the data warehouse space
- 5+ years of programming experience preferably in Python, Scala, or Java
- 5+ Experience architecting and building ETL pipelines
- Hands-on experience with SQL
- Experience with data modeling
- Experience working with Apache Spark, Apache Airflow
- Hands-on development experience with Databricks
- Experience with Software engineering best practices, including but not limited to version control, CI/CD, automated testing
- Experience with AWS services: EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, Redshift/Spectrum, Lambda, Glue, Athena
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.