- HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role. Software EngineerLiveWhat you will doLets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will Responsibilities
WinWhat we expect of youWe are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The engineer professional we seek is an assertive with these qualifications. Basic Qualifications:Masters degreeORBachelors degree and 2 years of relevant experienceORAssociates degree and 6 years of relevant experienceOrHigh school diploma / GED and 8 years of relevant experience Preferred Qualifications:
- Full-stack web-based application development for various components of our sensing capability
- Develop technical designs for new features and capabilities
- Accountability of technical implementation aspects of new features including planning, architecture, design, development and testing
- Partner with IS and business stakeholders to ensure that the solution is an appropriate fit for the end users
- Research and evaluate various web application development platforms
- Maintain knowledge of market trends and developments in web application development frameworks and related and new technologies to provide, recommend, and deliver standard methodology solutions
- Enable DevOps practices
ThriveSome of the vast rewards of working hereAs we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Demonstrated ability developing secure, public cloud solutions for successful commercial products and/or services to customers using a SDLC process from start to finish
- Experience designing, developing, deploying, and operating cloud services for multi-national companies using native constructs and controls from AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Extensive and practical knowledge of native cloud security controls and design patterns for AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Solid understanding of infrastructure as code, developing and operating programmatic pipelines for cloud services, and using automated DevSecOps frameworks to run a cloud SDLC
- Willing and able to learn new technologies at a rapid pace
- Communication skills to work with client partners in articulating the vision and use of Amgen's cloud services
Apply nowfor a career that defies imaginationObjects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Ready to Apply for the Job?
We highly recommend utilizing Workday's robust Career Profile feature to complete the application process. A link to update your profile is available when you click Apply. You can then complete your Workday profile in minutes with the Upload My Experience functionality to upload an updated copy of your resume or you can simply edit the individual sections of your Career Profile.
Please note that you should be in your current position for at least 18 months before applying to internal positions. Staff must notify their current manager if invited for an interview. In addition, Staff are ineligible to apply for open positions if (a) their performance is currently being managed on a performance improvement plan (PIP) or other locally utilized formal coaching document or (b) their most recent performance rating was not a Partially Meets Expectations or higher. Please visit our Internal Transfer Guidelines for more detailed informationGCF LevelGCF Level 04Career CategoryInformation SystemsPosition TypeFull time
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.