Information SystemsJob Description
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Specialist Software EngineerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be working with modeling & simulation engineers to develop modeling tools and infrastructure to create virtual designs of products and processes.
- Work with modeling engineers to automate, simplify, and productionize modeling and simulation projects into data and feature rich reusable web applications.
- Instantiate and maintain infrastructure in AWS in compliance with Global Information Security and Global Information Protection practices and procedures.
- Develop proof of concepts (POCs) and advance them through the IS solutions lifecycle.
- Collaborate with Modeling Engineers & Data Scientists to develop, test and maintain mathematical modeling infrastructure and applications based on OOP principles
- Write unit, integration, and regression tests to ensure correctness
- Write clean code, from scratch or by refactoring existing code
- Apply OOP principles, including software design patterns and SOLID design principles, as well as clean code programming practices
- Handle codebase, run issues/tickets, maintain documentation
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Engineer we seek is a professional with these qualifications.
Masters degree and 3 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Information Systems experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- BS or MS in computer science, engineering, applied math/statistics, or computational sciences (or related fields)
- Proficient in Python
- Proficient in Linux
- Proficient using and modifying Open-Source solutions.
- Experience with Python tools for scientific computing (numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn, scikit-image, etc.)
- Experience with Dash and Dash Apps
- Experience working in biotech or other highly regulated environment.
- Familiarity with equation driven programming like differential equations, partial differential equations, and numerical methods is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Experience working on Agile Product Teams (SAFe experience preferred)
- Experience with Software engineering best-practices, including but not limited to version control (Git, TFS, Subversion, etc.), CI/CD (Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.), automated unit testing, Dev Ops.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.