HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Software Engineer Conversational AI & AutomationLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be a part of a new Conversational AI Product Team which delivers solutions for customers globally as part of the Customer 360 initiative. In this role, you will be a developer responsible for developing Google Dialogflow CX Conversational AI solutions across medical information and commercial initiatives. You will have opportunity to work with DevOps automation, and web site development.
- Develop/Configure/Test new virtual assistants (Chatbots) within Dialogflow CX or enhance existing virtual assistance conversations by updating intents, responses, and training phrases to make a chatbot continuously more effective.
- Develop and maintain quantitative key performance indicators to evaluate the effectiveness of the chatbot
- Create and maintain documentation on conversation flows, architecture design, API integration, development and deployment, etc
- Develop DevOps pipeline to automate build, test, and deployment
- Website development with Java Scripts, CSS, HTML, Python
- Work with other product team members using Agile methodology
- Administration of all aspects of the chatbot development and deployment environments
- Communicate technical design, implementation issues, risks clearly and precisely
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek possesses these qualifications.
Bachelors degree and 2 years of Data/Machine Learning Engineering and/or Software Engineering experience
Associates degree and 6 years of Data/Machine Learning Engineering and/or Software Engineering experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Data/Machine Learning Engineering and/or Software Engineering experience
- Solid technical background, with degree in Computer Science or Engineering related field
- Proficient in Python, plus hands on experience with Java, Java Script, HTML, SQL
- Experienced with API integration, serverless architecture
- Hands-on experience on Chatbot technology like Google Dialogflow, AWS Alexa development kit
- Hands-on experience with Google Cloud Function or AWS Lambda function, AWS API Gateway
- Experienced working with on-shore and off-shore vendor in a co-development setting
- Experienced with Agile development methodology
- Experienced with Google Cloud (GCP) and Amazon Cloud (AWS)
- Experienced with global commercial marketing in pharmaceutical industry
- GxP experience
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.