For more than 170 years, Pfizer has continuously worked to make a difference by delivering innovative therapies that improve the lives of our patients. By building a talented community of colleagues that align with our patient-focused purpose and core values, Pfizer has improved global health and impacted more than 780 million patients
around the world.
In 2021, Pfizer expanded its global footprint to Tampa, establishing a strategic powerhouse that brings together multi-disciplinary, professional services including Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Digital, HR Services, Sourcing, Commercial and Project Management into a single, centralized location. With so many diverse and highly-skilled colleagues supporting multiple functions and services across the organization, Pfizer Tampa offers ample opportunity to engage in newer ways of working that enhance, simplify, and transform how we deliver treatments to our patients.
Located in Heights Union, the Pfizer Tampa site offers a modern industrial design, the latest in innovative technology, and close proximity to Downtown with views of the Tampa Riverwalk and access to the Channel district and Bayshore Boulevard. From an
onsite fitness center to top floor panoramic balconies and outdoor patio, our activity-based space will provide various ways of working to offer collaboration and flexibility to colleagues. The Pfizer Tampa site has constructed an atmosphere that fosters interaction and prioritizes colleague health and wellness.
Additionally, to achieve breakthroughs that change patients’ lives, Pfizer is revolutionizing and evolving how colleagues work today. This year, Pfizer launched a new initiative that we call Log In For Your Day where a majority of colleagues can arrange with their manager to work remotely two or three days a week while still
maintaining the ability to collaborate regularly in person at our sites. This flexible working model blends the best of remote work and on-site collaboration to drive greater flexibility, support work-life balance, and promote a vibrant, agile, and innovative culture.
Global Business Services – Financial Services
Pfizer's Global Business Services – Financial Services (GBS FS) organization delivers best-in-class accounting, finance and compliance operations globally for the Pfizer enterprise. The GBS FS organization is a high performing team comprised of more than 2,100 colleagues located in 6 sites around the world. The industry-leading value proposition is to centralize, standardize and optimize complex processes and in delivering a quality service at a reasonable cost with a compliance mindset. The scope of services provided by the GBS FS organization include Record to Report tower: US Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Statutory Reporting, Financial Reporting, Global Close the Intercompany Center of Excellence (CoE), the Intercompany CoE, Financial Master Data Governance, Risk Management / Compliance, Capital CoE, Inventory CoE and Balance Sheet CoE; Transaction Processing in Invoice to Pay, Indirect Tax, Order to Cash, Credit Risk and Gross to Net, Manufacturing Finance support; Operational Transfer Pricing CoE; Treasury Operations CoE, and MAPP Administration CoE.
Accounting Team Leader
This position will have responsibility for leading a team of colleagues who support selected areas within the Corporate Accounting and Analysis team and/or Global Close & Reporting teams. These teams are responsible for accounting, reporting and analysis for US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Global processes.
Specific responsibilities of this position include:
- Supervise daily activities surrounding teams’ assigned areas of responsibility
- Supervise month end and quarterly and year end reporting
- Collaborate with Division/Market colleagues, Controllers/Consolidations, Treasury, Legal and Corporate Tax on strategic projects and process improvements.
- Involvement will require strong problem solving, communication, presentation skills and analytical skills
- Lead efforts related to system changes and/or implementations impacting team
- Ensure processing efficiencies utilizing innovative technical and processing
- Ensure process changes are in compliance with Pfizer accounting / internal control policies and SOX, including related document maintenance
- Serve as liaison with internal and external audit regarding audit management and issue remediation
- Develop and assist in automating accounting processes, analysis techniques and reporting functionality
- Work independently with other departments / international locations to research, analyze and resolve irregularities and discrepancies
- Maintain and develop relationships with groups serviced by Financial Services as well as within Financial Services
- Provide guidance and support to the divisions and Controllers/Consolidations related to acquisitions or divestitures
- Lead and develop staff
Lead team responsible for below activities:
- Ensure accounting transactions are in compliance with Pfizer accounting policy and US GAAP
- Maintain elements of domestic and/or international general ledgers including the preparation of journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare financial and accounting analysis completely and accurately
- Maintain complete and accurate tasks lists and status of open items
- Maintain complete and accurate standard operating procedures and SOX related internal control documentation
- Research technical and operational accounting guidance and determine relevant application
- Typically manage teams of colleagues who are responsible for complex accounting and reporting activities
- Provides the information people need to do their jobs duties and make accurate decisions; is timely with information
- Clearly and consistently establish priorities for team and manage workload,
- deliverables and competing priorities
- Consistently identify and remediate issues and risks prior to financial impacts
- Manage and lead singular audit activities or large elements of the Pfizer
- consolidated audit including the timely and accurate delivery of all deliverables and serving as primary point of contact
- Consistently identify process improvement opportunities including the timely
- implementation of solutions
- Develops team and builds people by: providing challenging tasks and assignments,
- holding frequent development discussions, being aware of each person's career goals, constructing and executing development plans
- Lead regional projects and other initiatives in addition to existing role and
- Own the month end close process and related financial reporting activities
- Actively (formally and informally) mentor key colleagues outside of your direct report team
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict and confrontation
- Recognized as Pfizer subject matter expert and process owner for regional and key accounting activities
- Willingness to accept occasional travel for meetings and projects
- Engage directly with customers and business partners on complex activities and deliverables; maintain effective relationships with business partners
- Can be counted on to exceed goals and deliverables successfully; maintains a sense of urgency; constantly and consistently one of the top performers
- Leading Operational Transformation activities by demonstrating strategic planning, anticipating functional requirements and proposing solutions, identifying root cause on performance issues and process bottlenecks and developing key performance indicators and metrics to track performance
REQUIRED BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance
- Masters degree preferred
- CPA (or equivalent international certification)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant functional accounting or finance experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience leading a team
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Key ERP and edge system experience preferred
Advanced accounting and financial reporting skills that include the following:
- Demonstrated advanced technical US GAAP and financial reporting knowledge and experience
- Advanced SAP and HFM skills preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft O365 suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Sharepoint,
- OneDrive and Teams) required
- Experience with workflow automation, data analytics, and visualization tools
- preferred (e.g. Alteryx, Power Automate, Tableau, Spotfire, and Power BI)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent oral, written, and overall communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to informally and formally develop and influence staff and senior accountants through coaching/mentoring.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and solve problems in an unstructured environment
- Strong business acumen and professionalism with the ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and operations colleagues in all applicable Pfizer Finance and business functional areas
- Ability to perform and deliver in areas involving ambiguity
Candidate should expect occasional travel to other locations depending on project activities and related requirements to support activities, including business meetings and workshops
Other job details:
- Must be able to work in Tampa office as needed, 2-3 days per week.
- Relocation assistance is available
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Finance & Accounting