What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will grow global biotechnology firm. We are looking for a Data Engineer for the Global Medical Data & Analytics Product Team to be based at one of our sites in Tampa, FL or Thousand Oaks, CA, who will report to the Senior Manager of Data & Analytics. We are pursuing highly motivated candidates with an utmost passion for data engineering, management, and integration using sophisticated technologies to join our team.
Amgens Global Medical IS team within the Research & Development IS function supports platforms, technologies, and applications for opinion leader relationship management and scientific exchange & evidence generation globally. The Data and Analytics Product Team focus on developing beneficial product increments such as data science algorithms, sophisticated analytical models, data integration pipelines, visualizations, etc using state of art platform and technologies built upon our awarded Enterprise Data Lake.Successful candidates will have:
Primary Responsibilities for the Data Engineer include:
- The requisite technical skills;
- Absorb the nuances of a large biotech operations global medical function
- High personal standards of productivity and quality;
- Contribute in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Build processes for data products and services to perform data transformation, metadata extraction, workload management, and error processing management.
- Implement standardized, automated operational and quality control processes to deliver accurate and timely data analytics and reporting needs.
- Contribute to the exploration and understanding of new tools, and techniques and propose improvements to the data pipeline
- Integrate the data platform with analytical tools such as Tableau, R, Databricks, Data Science workbench, Data Marketplace, etc.
- Collaborate with Data Architects, Business SMEs, and Data Scientists to architect data products and services.
- Act as a run manager providing RunOps and DevOps support.
- Assesses risks and options to maintain and fix production issues.
- Design, code, and manage data & analytics product backlog.
- Collaborate and communicate cross-functionally with IS and business teams like Medical, Commercial, Clinical, R&D, and Enterprise
- Continuously explore and evaluate new tools and techniques to improve the way data is used to generate useful insights and create business value.
- Craft prototypes and demos to better access and utilize data assets
- Present analysis ideas, progress, and results to leadership and business partners
- Ensure systems and models meet business requirements and industry standards
- Ensure compliance with regulatory, security, and privacy requirements as it relates to data assets
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Data Science professional we seek is a collaborative team player with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 1 year of information technology or data analytics experience
Bachelors degree and 3 years of information technology or data analytics experience
Associates degree and 5 years of information technology or data analytics experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of information technology or data analytics experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field
- Experience architecting and building processes that extract, process, and chip in to data sets from multiple source systems.
- Experience in MuleSoft integration, Informatica platform, Tableau
- Experienced with data modeling and tuning of relational as well as NoSQL datastores (Oracle, Redshift, HDFS/Hive, Athena, etc.)
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, S3, Lambda
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, etc.
- Working with leading agile development methodologies such as Sprint and Scrum
- Experience with Software engineering best practices, including but not limited to version control (Git, TFS, Subversion, etc.), CI/CD (Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.), automated unit testing, and DevOps.
- Familiarity with DevOps and good software practices (i.e. version control, continuous development, continuous integration, test-driven development)
- Strong technical aptitude with excellent logical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to collaborate, partner, and influence leadership/business partners and other IS resources to drive analytic projects end-to-end
- Passion for learning and staying on top of current developments in sophisticated analytics
- Experience with Semantic technologies and approaches
- Biotech / Pharma experience
- Full stack development using infrastructure cloud services (AWS preferred) and cloud-native tools and design patterns (Containers, Serverless, Docker, etc)
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.