HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Partnership Accounting Associate - Thousand Oaks, CALive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world! In this vital role you will play a key role within the area by actively supporting all aspects of product and clinical supply, and selected collaborations. The Partnership Accounting Associate will have frequent interaction with cross functional teams and must demonstrate the ability to translate business strategy into practical plans and implement Amgen's product supply and collaboration agreements.
Job responsibilities include:
- Provide end to end ownership of all product supply activities, including, but not limited to: invoicing, cost of sales analyses, reconciliations and true-up analyses.
- Participate in monthly clinical and commercial product supply meetings with Supply Chain and FP&A
- Assist with new agreements and follow processes to accurately account for the various financial terms of the agreement (i.e., cost recoveries and profit share)
- Work closely with the off-shore accounting service provider team to complete the month-end/quarter-end accounting close process, to prepare account analysis and variance analysis, while ensuring financial controls and quality standards are met
- Interact and work cross-functionally with a wide range of internal business partners (Customer Finance, Cost Accounting, Supply Chain, FP&A and Alliance Management) and external partners, and provide accounting support and mentorship as required
- Assist with the quarterly variance analysis files and providing relevant commentary explaining the business reason(s) driving quarter over quarter and year over year variances
- Provide primary support for preparation of the product supply and collaboration sections of the balance sheet analysis review process. Communicate results of the analysis optimally in semiannual meetings with management and the business
- Provide audit support to internal and external auditors
- Take initiative, analyze current processes and lead business review meetings.
- Support Continuous Close and other Automation initiatives
- Assist in identification of control risks and process improvement opportunities
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The strategy-based professional we seek is analytical with these qualifications.Basic qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related field, OR
- Associates degree and 4+ years of related accounting experience, OR
- High school diploma / GED and 6a+ years of related accounting experience
- 2+ years of corporate or public accounting experience
- Solid accounting knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the standards that apply to the Biopharmaceutical industry, including areas like R&D, Manufacturing, M&A, Licensing, etc.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills and be able to bridge culture differences
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills. Be able to work independently. Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Knowledge of project management
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with SAP, and BW, Hyperion, EDW applications
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.