We are seeking a highly motivated PhD Scientist to join the Analytical Chemistry Group of Regeneron Pharmaceutical Inc. at Tarrytown, NY.
The successful candidate will be working in an innovative liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry (LC/MS) lab, and developing top-down and bottom-up mass spectrometry analytical methods for therapeutic protein product analysis. You will focus on the biochemical characterization of therapeutic protein at all stages of development, developing LC/MS methods for protein primary structure analysis, disulfide linkage determination, carbohydrate profiling, protein variant structural determination and post-translational modifications. The individual will conduct analytical methods qualification for late stage drug development programs. You will be involved in developing innovative mass spectrometry technologies to support Regeneron's upstream R&D programs.
A Typical Day in This Role Might Look Like:
- Develops primarily LC/MS based analytical methods to support the development of monoclonal antibody-based therapeutic proteins;
- Conducts analytical experiments on therapeutic proteins, and analyzes mass spectrometry data to elucidate the quality attributes of therapeutic protein candidates and/or products;
- Conducts analytical methods qualification to support the late-stage therapeutic protein development programs;
- Documents experiments, results and findings in laboratory notebook; presents work at the group and department meetings; participates in the writing of technical reports, SOPs, and analytical method protocols, etc.
- Provides the data in a quality presentation form (graphs, figures, tables, etc.) to support regulatory submissions and peer-reviewed publications;
- Participates in the general lab and instrument maintenance.
This Role May Be For You If:
You have a PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Proteomics.
- Between 0-5 years of post-graduate experiences with an understanding on the principles of mass spectrometry and its applications in protein characterization.
- Familiar with sophisticated liquid chromatograp mass spectrometry technologies including.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn new technologies fast with good problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiasm in science with a motivation of making contributions in a team environment.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.