HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Contract Development Manager (Payer Contracting)
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Amgen is searching for a Manager, Payer Contracting to join our US Value & Access Payer Contracting (PC) team. This Manager is integral to Amgens financial sales performance and will lead contracting activities for Amgens Managed Care Organization (MCO) customers.
In this vital role you will serve as PCs single point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders for the MCO customers they support. This role reports to the Sr. Manager of Payer Contracting and is based remotely (United States). The Manager will be responsible for communicating account information to facilitate pricing and contracting decision-making by senior leadership. This person will be the primary contract owner for their MCO clients and will facilitate review of product pricing requests with internal committees for key MCO customers. Additionally, they will contribute to and drive product-specific pricing strategies, value-based contracts, and contract performance analyses.
This position can be based remotely in the US. Core meetings will occur during PST hours.
- Manage the contracting process in conjunction with Amgens account representative, Legal and other stakeholders
- Business owner of the contracts between Amgen and its national customers (including assistance with one of the Big 3 pharmacy benefit managers), coaching and mentoring payer contracting team members to successfully execute all contracts
- Build term sheets and complete request for proposals (RFPs) as needed to provide pricing offers to MCO customers
- Participate in the development and maintenance of MCO pricing and contracting strategies
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of key MCO customers financials, growth drivers, membership, mergers/acquisitions, end customers, etc.
- Inform the pricing analytics team of customer-specific information and trends that are essential to provide quarterly financial estimates for each customer
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Finance, account reps, customers, Legal, and other teams as necessary
- Support ad-hoc requests by senior leadership for product and/or customer related business analytics and strategy
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The contracts professional we seek is a collaborative team member with these qualifications.
Masters degree and 2 years of commercial contracting, sales operations, finance, marketing, pricing and/or analytics experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of commercial contracting, sales operations, finance, marketing, pricing and/or analytics experience
Associates degree and 10 years of commercial contracting, sales operations, finance, marketing, pricing and/or analytics experience
High school diploma / GED & 12 years of commercial contracting, sales operations, finance, marketing, pricing and/or analytics experience
- Legal document drafting experience in a dynamic environment, e.g., consulting firms, biotech, tech companies, etc.
- Very strong computer & M/S Office skills; outstanding Word skills; strong administrative skills
- Completes projects and makes decisions with minimal direction and strong ability to develop prioritization and completion timeframes for multiple assignments
- High attention to detail/reporting accuracy
- Project a positive, can do demeanor and eagerly contribute to all initiatives as needed and requested
- Ability to prioritize opposing interests and projects and handle a high volume of contract document requests
- Great teammate, looks for ways to support team members
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Ability to be forward-thinking, take initiative, problem-solve, work independently and exercise appropriate business judgment
- Interaction and strong interpersonal skills with cross-functional teams is essential
- Strong negotiation skills
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.