.HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Quality Control Senior AssociateLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world! In this vital role, you will operate in a fast -paced QC laboratory. Amgen is looking for a meticulous candidate with HPLC experience to join our Separation Sciences Team.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Generate complete, accurate, and concise laboratory documentation using electronic systems and laboratory notebooks
- Operate and maintain specialized laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Participate in laboratory investigations and audits as necessary
- At all times, follow safety guidelines, cGMPs and other applicable regulatory requirements
- Ensures that facilities, equipment, materials, organization, processes, procedures and products follow cGMP practices and other applicable regulations
- Performs review of procedures, assays, documents and records, including but not limited to Nonconformance records and CAPAs
- Supports Continuous Improvement initiatives, programs and projects
- Alerts management of quality, compliance, supply and safety risks
- Supports internal/external audits and inspections
- Completes assigned training to permit delivery of tasks
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The experienced professional we seek thrives in a fast paced environment, and possesses these qualifications.
- High school diploma/GED and 8 years of Quality experience OR
- Associate's degree and 6 years of Quality experience OR
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of Quality experience OR
- Master's Degree
- 2-4 years experience in HPLC/UPLC, preferably protein chemistry, and other compendial methods such as UV.
- Demonstrated experience in investigations, validation, audits, QC processes
- Proven ability to interpret scientific data
- Self-motivated, strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks at one time with minimal direction
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral), facilitation and presentation skills
- GMP/GDP experience
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.