Specialist IS Business Systems AnalystLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will have a position that is a mixture of service management, client and project management. The Engagement Lead is GISs primary client facing person responsible for building strong, successful, long-term partnerships.
The Specialist IS BSA - Engagement Lead is responsible for advising and educating internal clients on GIS technical service offerings and self-service tools. Work with IS retail service and delivery teams to define project requirements and ensure their success.Responsibilities:
- Capture high level business requirements and understand how technology services and standard architecture patterns can address the customers business needs.
- Provide guidance and education to service owners on GIS self-service tools
- Collaborate with clients to match requirements to standard technology architecture patterns
- Lead expectations and communications from inception through delivery, including status updates, budget reconciliation, scope changes, etc.
- Communicate new technology offerings, including roadshows and training
- Communicate forecasted client roadmaps, new use cases, and capacity requirements to GIS
- Form strong relationships and work collaboratively with multiple areas across the enterprise to identify and develop new service opportunities
- Build strong relationships and drive delivery successes with key stakeholders
- Provide innovation around service delivery and new ways to approach client needs
- Function as the clients advocate representing and driving client opportunities
- Partner and collaborate with technical teams to address all issues that may affect deliveries
- Work with Mergers and Acquisitions teams as a technical liaison to the GIS teams
- Operate the GIS Metrics practice, offering insight into performance and scale of GIS operations
- Work with other shared services organizations within Amgen to prioritize and balance project needs against operational considerations
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The IS Business Systems Analyst we seek is a professional with these qualifications.
Masters degree and 3 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor's degree and 5and 5 years of Information Systems experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED & 12 years of Information Systems experience
- Certified as a Project Manager Professional (PMP)
- Experience leading service engagements working with large and midsize and large businesses in the infrastructure organization, and a strong knowledge of infrastructure services and service management.
- ITIL Service Delivery practitioner
- Working knowledge with "Service Now" service automation tool
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Functional knowledge of IT Infrastructure, including server hardware, server operating systems, databases, data center, network, web and storage technologies.
- Ability to work fluidly between technical and business teams
- Experience with interacting and building relationships with IS retail clients
- Ability to manage, track, and report on complex infrastructure delivery project
- Demonstrate accurate understanding of project accounting to support clients during build and run infrastructure purchases
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment
- Displays consistent flexibility, resilience, and resourcefulness
- Technical experience delivering infrastructure services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.