HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
IS Audit AssociateLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role you will assist the Chief Audit Executive, Directors, Senior Managers and Staff of Amgen Corporate Audit in providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services. This person will also help determine whether the Company's systems of risk management, control and governance processes are adequate and functioning in a manner appropriate to a company of Amgens size and market.
The IS Audit Associate will report to the Corporate IT Audit Senior Manager; and is part of the IS Audit team which consists of several information system
Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Collaborating with the audit team and business contacts (finance/compliance/IS staff) to plan, coordinate, and complete periodic audits of operational and financial areas in accordance with approved annual audit plans.
- Present in front of audit and client leadership on audit status updates and audit issues.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Draft work papers documenting work performed and written communications of audit and consulting engagement results.
- Demonstrates good judgment skills and initiative in handling business issues of significance to Corporate Audit and the Company.
- Discharges responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with The Institute of Internal Auditors' Code of Ethics, International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Statement of Responsibilities.
- Travel up to 20% per year
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The corporate audit professional we seek is meticulous and client savvy, with these qualifications.
Associates degree and 4 years of Information Systems and/or Audit experience
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Information Systems and/or Audit experience
- 2+ years progressive experience in auditing, finance, accounting, sales & marketing, information technology management, compliance and/or operations
- External audit (e.g., Big Four) and /or internal audit (e.g., Fortune 500) experience
- Certified or working towards a certification such as CISA, CIA, CISSP, CISSM, CRISK, CGEIT, CPA and MBA
- Experience with enterprise applications such as ERP (SAP) systems
- Knowledge and understanding of internal control framework
- Self-starter with excellent project management and communication (both verbal and written) skills, including the ability to effectively and confidentially interact with Amgen senior management
- Excellent and insightful financial, analytical, interpersonal, team-building, leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent discernment (e.g., knowledge of business drivers, finding solutions and knowledge of accounting, finance and other business areas)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.