Job Title: Business Senior Manager, Hub Operations
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us!What you will do
Lets do this! Join an incredible team thats redefining Amgens patient support programs. In this vital role, you will be handling industry leading transformation of our overall patient support offerings. This is a unique opportunity to work on a dynamic launch brand, gain portfolio product experience, and help build a new best-in-class patient support program from the ground up.
Amgen is an innovative organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within Patient Access, we will provide you the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through exciting assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities!
Under the general direction of the Director of Operations, Senior Manager of Hub Operations is responsible for managing the day-to-day operational functions of the reimbursement hub services related to the Amgen Assist program. The Senior Manager of Hub Operations is primarily responsible for new hire and ongoing training for all hub associates. This leadership position requires live presence in the Amgen Assist Tampa office and will be the onsite lead which performs other related projects and perform other functions as may be required from time to time.
- Manage the existing team for operations related to Amgens patient support programs
- Ensures team is meeting contractual obligations and program SLAs
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning sessions
- Make recommendations in the development of long-term strategies
- Present strategic and operational plans for the development of new capabilities
- Collaboration with vendor teams and supporting established contracts, and hosting internal and external client presentations
- Involved with the development of policies, standard operating procedures and work instructions for Amgen
- Responsible for overseeing the new and ongoing training for all hub associates
- Strong Acumen in regards to complex HR issues that might arise
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Critical Success Factors:
- Bachelors degree in a related field of study required
- Requires broad knowledge and training in the fields of healthcare, pharmaceuticals/biotechnology, specialty pharmacy and reimbursement
- Requires a minimum five (7) years of related experience
- At least three (3) years in a progressive management role
- A minimum experience in the pharmaceutical industry is required
- Dynamic leader who can energize multidisciplinary work teams to learn and apply new skills and /or techniques to respond to the business needs
- Knowledge of full-service call center programs preferred
- Strong customer/client management background
- Exceptional project management skills with experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from vision through implementation
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills with demonstrated track record in new concept development for various projects
- The ability to manage multiple tasks along a parallel process
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- Critical thinking skills, creative and innovative solutions to internal or external client needs
- Strong industry and business knowledge
- Strategic thinker with long term planning experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills, be able to develop and grow talent
- Strong organization agility, be able to manage team through change and lead by example
- Ability to proficiently use computer and good knowledge of Microsoft Office
Some travel may be required
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek has these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of relevant experience
Masters degree and 4 years of relevant experience
Bachelors degree and 6 years of relevant experience
Associates degree and 10 years of relevant experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of relevant experienceThrive
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.