Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously inconceivable. We are passionate about designing gene circuits to improve the “intelligence” of cell and gene therapies in order to enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
At Senti, we find purpose and meaning knowing that our efforts have the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as our foundation and empathy as our key guiding principle, colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time, cancer becomes history.
Senti Bio is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our Pre-Clinical In Vivo team and contribute to early-stage oncology projects. A successful applicant will be comfortable performing high risk/high impact research, work collaboratively across various projects to meet milestones, and play a key role in building the culture of the company as it grows. Applicants should have current knowledge of pre-clinical tumor models and animal handling and dosing.Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning, designing, executing and analyzing preclinical studies
- Execution of experiment protocols using SOPs and performing data analysis with cancer models to support drug candidate discovery
- Prepare and perform measurements relevant to disease models, including tumor inoculation, drug administration by ip, subcutaneous, oral or iv injection, mouse whole body IVIS imaging, tumor caliper measurement, blood and tissue collection
- Maintain clear and complete experiment records in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations
- Training and supervising research associates on the in vivo techniques, experiment workflow and professional development
- Support lab and vivarium operation and maintenance
- Participation in presentation at cross-departmental teams and project meetings
Salary and Benefits:
- Bachelor’s degree in life science or related discipline with 3+ years of experience in animal laboratory setting
- Strong hands-on experience with animal handling, dosing (IP, IV and SC), bleeding, necropsy and tissue harvest
- The ability to independently perform all methods and conduct all study types commonly employed by the team
- Good organizational and documentation skills
- Dedication to working in a team-oriented environment to contribute to shared project
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with other research teams
- Base pay and stock options to be determined based on application qualifications with the aim of being competitive with similar roles in the area
- Significant growth opportunity as the company expands
- Empathetic, supportive and collaborative colleagues and work environment
Senti Bio is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: SNTI) gene circuit company headquartered in South San Francisco. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases using novel and unprecedented approaches.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Senti Bio. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse Senti Team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.