HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will help digitally transform Amgen's Finance capabilities via implementation of SAP S/4HANA. As an SAP solution architect within our global Digital, Technology, and Innovation (DTI) team, this role will help guide the transition from our worldwide ERP instance on SAP ECC to the S/4HANA Intelligent Enterprise. Are you an SAP architect with deep technical experience in Record to Report processes? Come join a team that is passionate about innovation and making life better with technology!Key responsibilities include:
- Be the guardian of Finance solution architecture ecosystem and it's integrated SAP components
- Develop proposed solution architecture for Amgen's transition from SAP ECC to S/4HANA for Finance & Controlling and SAP-integrated solution components (Blackline, SAP Lease Accounting, Process Runner,etc)
- Provide Solution Governance oversight for Build teams during Assessment, Design and Delivery of enhancements, projects and data as well as process changes
- Lead system build according to approved solution architecture; provide oversight for external business partners
- Ensures solutions developed are aligned to enterprise architecture standards, guidelines and principles by leverage common technology platforms and services
- Collaborate with business partners to co-create business value through identification of transformational opportunities such as Continuous Close
- Work independently, function as a knowledge resource for less experienced team members
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Information Systems professional we seek is a Finance Architect with these qualifications.
Masters degree and 3 years of finance domain experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of finance domain experience
Associates degree and 10 years of finance domain experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of finance domain experience
- Must have at least 5 years hands-on experience in architecting, configuring, and integrating all aspects of SAP S/4HANA Finance solution for global deployments
- Demonstrable experience in leading multiple SAP S/4 implementations with a focus on FICO and integrated components such as Blackline, Autobank, SAP Lease Accounting by Nakisa (SLAN)
- Experience with SAP Business Consolidation (SEM-BCS) a plus
- Experience with General Ledger, Asset Accounting, AR / AP, Cost Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, and Profitability Analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS); ability to clearly communicate key accounting concepts
- Demonstrated ability between different software version releases and new innovations that are brought in each S/4HANA releases
- Ability to translate business requirements into design options that are cost effective, efficient, re-usable that comply with defined architectural principles and standards
- Possesses strong learning agility and technical leadership - ability to breakdown complex topics issues and into actionable plans for team execution
- Desire to work with a truly dynamic and exciting team, with a roll-up your sleeves approach
- Foster a culture of innovation to encourage resources to evaluate and introduce new technologies that will allow business partners to meet their objectives
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.