HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Enterprise Engineering and Analytics team is looking for a passionate Data Engineer, who is curious to learn and able to develop data engineering and data analytics solutions in a fast-moving environment. In this vital role you will work closely with a senior data engineer and product owner/business analyst to understand the requirement. The role will be responsible for developing data flow pipelines to extract, transform, and load data from various data sources in various data formats to enterprise data lake and data warehouse system
- Be a key team member assisting in the design and development of the Data pipelines
- Collaborate with lead Architects, Business SMEs, and Data Scientists to design and develop end-to-end data pipelines and supporting infrastructure
- Build new infrastructure and analytics tools using Python, SQL, and AWS
- Proactively identify & implement opportunities to automate tasks and develop reusable frameworks
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and provide estimations on technical implementation; Collaborate and communicate effectively with the product teams
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a standout colleague with these qualifications.
Bachelors degree and 2 years of related experience
Associates degree and 6 years of related experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of related experience
- Proficient in one of the programming languages (Python Preferred, Java, Scala)
- Experience with data modeling for both OLAP and OLTP databases, hands-on experience with SQL, SQL performance tuning
- Experience with AWS Services(Or any other cloud service) like EC2, S3, Redshift/Spectrum, Glue, Athena, RDS, Lambda, and API gateway.
- Experience with DevOps CI/CD tools, such Git, Jenkins, Linux, and Shell Script
- Experience with Spark, Hive, Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming, and Airflow.
- Experience using Databricks/Jupyter or similar notebook environment.
- Ability to learn quickly, be organized and detail-oriented
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
- Apply now
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.