HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Accounting Associate, Tampa FLLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world! In this vital role you will be a part of our Global Accounting team, at the Amgen Capability Center located in Tampa, Florida and reporting to the Director, Accounting.
As an Accounting Associate, you will play a key role in delivering on accounting and reporting activities and ensuring compliance for the Global Accounting close process.Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Contribute to local, International finance, and/or accounting projects including project management, coordination, and performance of tasks
- Suggest and document improvements to create efficiency in processes and work with project teams to plan implementation
- Support accurate, complete and timely monthly and quarterly accounting close
- Use and review of month-end accounting checklist
- Conduct review of manual Journal Entries posted by our outsource partner accounting staff
- Assist in the preparation of the account analyses
- Review of trial balance and account reconciliations
- Examination of reconciling items not clearing timely
- Preparation of Close documentation for the region
- Facilitation and coordination of close activities with third-party shared service center and cross functionally to ensure appropriate service is provided and any issues are resolved
- Provide accounting support and expertise to internal partners including analysis of expenses and changes to balance sheet accounts
- Participate in annual International Internal Control Certification and/or quarterly SOX process
- Assist cross functional global accounting and finance teams with U.S. GAAP accounting, payroll processing, and tax compliance, as well implementation of recommended improvements as a result of internal/external audits
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The accounting professional we seek is a motivated learner with these qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in accounting/finance field, OR
- Associates degree and 4+ years of related accounting and/or finance experience, OR
- High school diploma/GED and 6+ years of accounting and/or finance experience
- 2+ years of experience in accounting functions, ideally in a large company environment
- CPA or actively pursuing a CPA strongly preferred
- Experience with ERP systems (preferably SAP), RPA or other technologies supporting the accounting function
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Advanced MS Excel skills required
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a dynamic organization
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills and capabilities
The selected candidate must live within a commutable distance of Tampa, FL and will work as needed in Tampa as a part of this hybrid remote position.Thrive
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.