For more than 170 years, Pfizer has continuously worked to make a difference by delivering innovative therapies that improve the lives of our patients. By building a talented community of colleagues that align with our patient-focused purpose and core values, Pfizer has improved global health and impacted more than 780 million patients around the world.
In 2021, Pfizer expanded its global footprint to Tampa, establishing a strategic powerhouse that brings together multi-disciplinary, professional services including Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Digital, HR Services, Sourcing, Commercial and Project Management into a single, centralized location. With so many diverse and highly-skilled colleagues supporting multiple functions and services across the organization, Pfizer Tampa offers ample opportunity to engage in newer ways of working that enhance, simplify, and transform how we deliver treatments to our patients.
Located in Heights Union, the Pfizer Tampa site offers a modern industrial design, the latest in innovative technology, and close proximity to Downtown with views of the Tampa Riverwalk and access to the Channel district and Bayshore Boulevard. From an onsite fitness center to top floor panoramic balconies and outdoor patio, our activity-based space will provide various ways of working to offer collaboration and flexibility to colleagues. The Pfizer Tampa site has constructed an atmosphere that fosters interaction and prioritizes colleague health and wellness.
Additionally, to achieve breakthroughs that change patients’ lives, Pfizer is revolutionizing and evolving how colleagues work today. This year, Pfizer launched a new initiative that we call Log-In For Your Day where a majority of colleagues can arrange with their manager to work remotely two or three days a week while still maintaining the ability to collaborate regularly in person at our sites. This flexible working model blends the best of remote work and on-site collaboration to drive greater flexibility, support work-life balance, and promote a vibrant, agile, and innovative culture.
Pfizer’s Enabling Functions Hubs serve to bring internal professional services such as Finance, HR, Digital, and Sourcing together into a consolidated and simplified shared services structure. Colleagues in the Enabling Functions Hubs execute end-to-end operational activities that can be standardized and scaled for greater enterprise synergies and effectiveness. The work managed from these hubs will evolve and expand over time as Enabling Functions continue to evaluate their go-forward delivery model. With an established community and evolving support model, Pfizer’s Enabling Functions Hubs are dynamic and energizing places to work. Colleagues with diverse capabilities across multiple functions are co-located to facilitate greater colleague collaboration, new ways of working, and enhanced simplification through more integrated end-to-end solutions. Learn more and apply to join our team today at Careers.Pfizer.com.Why Patients Need You
Your in-depth knowledge and financial skills will keep our products in production and our innovators innovating. Whether you are part of establishing, coordinating, researching, or administering financial operations, your role is critical to getting our medicines in the hands of the people who need them most, faster and more efficiently than ever before.What You Will Achieve
Your accounting skills will help in the analysis of financial information and preparing financial reports. You will maintain and oversee the accounts and financial records of the company. You will be responsible for preparing the Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss statements, and other accounting schedules and reports. You will update the journals, ledgers, and other records of financial business transactions. You will be responsible for the adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures. You will verify this data for accuracy and prepare reports and reviews based on it. You will also manage data entry activities in the accounting systems.
As a Senior Accountant, your knowledge and skills will contribute towards the goals and objectives of the team. Your focus and ability to meet team targets will help in completing critical deliverables. Your innovative use of communication tools and techniques will facilitate in explaining difficult issues and establishing consensus between teams.
It is your hard work and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
This position will have responsibility for supporting selected areas within the Corporate Accounting and Analysis team and/or Global Close & Reporting team which are responsible for accounting, reporting and analysis for US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Global processes. Specific responsibilities of this position include:
- Perform daily activities surrounding teams’ assigned areas of responsibility
- Participate in month end financial close activities for US, Puerto Rico, and Canada legal entities
- Prepare complex quarterly and year end reporting for US, Puerto Rico, and Canada legal entities
- Collaborate with Division/Market colleagues, Controllers/Consolidations, Treasury, Legal and Corporate Tax on strategic projects and process improvements. Involvement will require problem solving, communication, presentation and analytical skills
- Lead efforts related to system changes and/or implementations impacting area(s) of responsibility
- Ensure processing efficiencies utilizing innovative technical and processing solutions
- Ensure process changes are in compliance with Pfizer accounting / internal control policies and SOX, including related document maintenance
- Serve as liaison with internal and external audit regarding audit management and issue remediation
- Develop and assist in automating accounting processes, analysis techniques and reporting functionality
- Work independently with other departments / international locations to research, analyze and resolve irregularities and discrepancies
- Maintain and develop relationships with groups serviced by Financial Services as well as within Financial Services
- Provide support to the divisions and Controllers/Consolidations related to acquisitions or divestitures
- Review select output from staff and/or peers
Some of the key position responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure accounting transactions are in compliance with Pfizer accounting policy and US GAAP
- Maintain complete and accurate tasks lists and status of open items
- Prepare financial and accounting analysis completely and accurately
- Consistently deliver required work product with no necessary adjustments/corrections
- Research and resolve discrepancies and complex technical accounting issues as necessary
- Identify and communicate issues and be proactive in determining impact and proposed resolution
- Lead development and presentation of training activities
- Prepare complex analysis for internal customers, external accountants and corporate audit; own all required support including the resolution and remediation of open questions and concerns
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead the development of range of solutions
- Review selected financial and accounting analysis prepared by staff accountants
- Seek opportunities to participate in special projects and other initiatives that are in addition to existing role and responsibility
- Lead organization/team committees
- Informally mentor staff accountants
- Seek opportunities to participate in site initiatives
- Engage directly with customers and business partners on complex activities and deliverables; maintain effective relationships with business partners
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of SAP
- Lead significant elements of the month end close process
- Willingness to accept occasional travel for meetings and projects
- Prepare complete and accurate standard operating procedures and SOX related internal control documentation involving new activities and/or updating for process changes as required
- Maintain entire domestic and/or international general ledgers including the preparation of material journal entries and complex balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare complex quarterly web forms for general ledgers
- Demonstrate ability to perform and deliver in areas involving ambiguity
- Demonstrate ownership of personal and professional development
- Begin developing areas of expertise and process ownership of global and/or complex areas
- Operational Transformation support including independently driving issue resolution, serving as first point of contact for escalations and reviewing analysis/work product prepared by support staff
Required Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 4+ years of relevant functional accounting or finance experience
- CPA required (or equivalent international certification)
- Masters' degree
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Key ERP and edge system experience preferred
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
Intermediate accounting and financial reporting skills that include the following:
- Demonstrated advanced technical US GAAP and financial reporting knowledge and experience
- Advanced SAP and HFM skills preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft O365 suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Sharepoint, OneDrive and Teams) required
- Experience with workflow automation, data analytics, and visualization tools preferred (e.g. Alteryx, Power Automate, Tableau, Spotfire, and Power BI)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent oral, written, and overall communication skills
- Strong Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to informally mentor staff accountants
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and solve problems in an unstructured environment
- Strong business acumen and professionalism with the ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and operations colleagues in all applicable Pfizer Finance and business functional areas
- Ability to perform and deliver in areas involving ambiguity
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Candidate should expectoccasional travel to other locations depending on project activities and related requirements to support activities, including business meetings and workshops.
Other job details:
- We will be making multiple hires at this level
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Finance & Accounting