As a key member of the Payer Contract Analytics team, this individual will lead and collaborate with internal stakeholders from Finance, Forecasting, IT, Legal, Marketing, and Pricing as well as field-based Account Managers to perform analytics, uncover insights and establish payer contracting terms. With a focus on Commercial, Part D and Medicaid channels, this role will help to ensure AbbVie has the appropriate pricing/ contracting strategy in place for our current products, as well as future pipeline products.
The Contract Analytics function focuses on improving the effectiveness of pharmaceutical contracting efforts with key Commercial and Government payors through robust analytical methods. The Contract Analytics Manager will take a leadership role in driving the effectiveness of the Market Access sales function across multiple therapeutic areas and customer segments. The Contract Analytics Manager is responsible for data analysis that advises and optimally executes AbbVie’s contracting strategies and is knowledgeable demonstrating how to integrate and consume both syndicated data as well as customer supplied rebate claims data.
The Contract Analytics Manager will be responsible for communicating findings, results, and recommendations of analysis/research within and across franchises to improve gross-to-net sales performance while ensuring the quality and accuracy of all analytical results. Key areas of functional scope include:
- Strengthen the execution of pricing and contracting strategies by testing, refining, and suggesting methods to optimize contracting models and methodologies.
- For above, use AbbVie’s data analytics tools such as Dataiku to access data marts (patient level data); be able to query and analyze data (examples of data analysis includes adherence curves by product, line of therapy, source of business, approval/ rejection rates etc.)
- Utilize findings from data analyses to project the impact of formulary status or utilization management changes on a product’s forecasted gross sales
- Develop an understanding of contracting strategies in each customer segment; build and sustain strong working relationships with Account Managers/Directors and Marketing Directors in each segment; develop familiarity with key contracts in each segment.
- Uncover key account insights and working with the Account team that will lead to tactical initiatives and create “win-win” opportunities for AbbVie and the Account. Use existing sources (such as Payer Business Reviews) and create new sources (customer 10K, earnings release etc.) for customer research
- Interface with key customers to share results of analysis and drive action on these results.
- Track post-deal account level performance, conducting variance analysis, and assessing ROI using customer and secondary data sources.
- Provide analyses via report and presentation to Managed Markets Sales and Marketing Leadership teams, and other internal customers.
- Inform financial projections by leading cross-functional meetings where post-deal account performance and variance analyses are shared.
- Evaluate and receive new and relevant data sources, data mining, business information and analytical approaches to enhance modeling accuracy.
- Build relationships internally – e.g., with Pricing, Finance, Account Directors, Marketing Analytics and Business Insights, Brand Marketing & Sales, etc. – to accomplish team goals and to support goals of others.
Required: Bachelors degree in one of the following fields: Market Research, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, Engineering, Finance, and/or Applied Mathematics; Masters/MBA preferred
The Contract Analytics Manager should have the following background:
- Working knowledge of multivariate statistics, SAS/ Teradata, analytical software and pharmaceutical data sources (IQVIA, Symphony Health, MMIT, Cleveland Research etc.)
- +5 years of experience in market analytics, and field sales support in the pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Proven ability to use findings from market analytics to forecast future results
- Proven ability to identify, address, and influence customer needs.
- Proven ability to distill complex information into concise and impactful messages/presentations.
Overall, Contract Analytics in AbbVie focuses on maximizing the return on customer rebates/discounts across all therapeutic areas. The team’s mission specifically focuses on optimizing promotional spending by therapeutic areas, products and sales forces, and impacting the execution of commercial strategy through data driven analytical approaches
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email CorpJat_ABV@abbvie.com.