The Director, Global Medical Education & Communications Transplant is responsible for generating and implementing the global medical communication and education strategy for the Transplant Therapeutic Area (TA) in alignment with the overall TA objectives. Based on an excellent understanding of the science and therapeutic use of products in the TA, the incumbent will lead the development and execution of scientific communications to support commercialization. Incumbent will contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers through scientific interactions with the medical community, while providing medical support to the commercial and extended cross-functional development teams.
- Serve as a key scientific lead, in close collaboration with medical affairs, for their assigned TA, providing editorial, scientific and strategic expertise.
- Devise and implement global Key Opinion Leader (KOL) engagement strategy. Develop and maintain KOL contacts and integrate external knowledge into internal development plans -, marketing initiatives and publication plans. Responsible for KOL identification, KOL planning and management and KOL training.
- Responsible for reviewing all project related content in publications and presentations within the TA for message accuracy and consistency working closely with medical affairs who will lead the publication strategy and implementation.
- Identify educational gaps of our core targeted HCP audiences through bona fide educational needs assessments. Liaise with Regional representatives to ensure global understanding of educational needs.
- In strict accordance with all applicable external and internal compliance standards, develop medical education strategy/execution plans and scientific communications to fill identified educational gaps. Oversee development of core educational materials and programs and management of medical education agency. Liaise with Regional representatives and global medical affairs to ensure global implementation of medical education activities.
- Monitor and assess the quality and outcome measures of educational activities to ensure effectiveness against stated goals/objectives. Coordinate to attend and audit educational activities, as required. Develop and maintain the education activity reports.
- Assist in the development of the Target Product Profile (TPP) and Target Product Claims (TPC) process to guide the relevant Clinical Development program ensuring input from regions and countries as required.
- Develop strong relationships with key internal groups (including R&D, Commercial Operations Regions, Stats, Legal, Finance, etc.) and external stakeholders (ie. KOLs, agency partners, etc.)
MD/PharmD/PhD or equivalent.
Minimum of 10+ years relevant medical- or bio-pharmaceutical industry experience required. Relevant TA expertise prefered. In-depth knowledge of OIG, FDA and other relevant current government, industry, and organizational guidelines preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation skills, and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to partner with scientists, academicians, and clinicians. Expertise in adult learning theory and design needs assessment, educational program outcome measurement, metric development, and analysis preferred.
Willingness and flexibility to meet overseas travel requirements (up to 20%).
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!