GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The Commercial Applications Team is the interface between GRAIL and the rest of the world. It is responsible for leading multiple external end-user experiences for GRAIL’s groundbreaking early cancer detection test, Galleri, including Providers who are ordering and leading Galleri tests and potential Patients who are interested in learning more about and requesting the Galleri test for themselves. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast paced, high growth, high impact group and apply new technologies and approaches to define, identify, evaluate, and maintain platform services for software solutions.
GRAIL is looking for a full-stack engineer who enjoys working on a broad array of software systems and projects. The team is responsible for all customer-facing software used to capture and manage clinical data. We strive to build a robust and scalable infrastructure as well as easy-to-use UI interfaces. Our technical stack consists of Java, Spring boot, REST APIs, Go, AWS, Kubernetes, Microservices, and React/Vuejs/Angular.What You'll Do:
Who You Are:
- Work within a team of engineers to deliver new features and tools.
- Work closely with product owners to transform roadmap items into functional software.
- Write unit tests and automated tests
- Collaborate and lead technical discussions with the team
- Use your experience developing front-end applications and distributed systems to build native cloud-based software solutions
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and concepts involving Data Structures and Algorithms
- Experience in full stack software development experience building highly reliable, mission-critical softwareDeep understanding of security principles including encryption, OAuth, etc.
- Design and implement core, high-performance, scalable software components and APIsBachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics, or similar technical field.
- 5-7 years of meaningful work experience designing, developing, testing, and maintaining full-stack applications and microservice ecosystems.
- Passion for large data sets, APIs, access & identity management, and/or delivering scalable backend systems
- Strong knowledge of building restful APIs for internal and external productsExperience in Okta, Auth0 would be a plus
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.